Meet the Weight Loss Expert: Rachel JacksonArticle posted in: Nutrisystem
Meet Nutrisystem Online Support Coach Rachel Jackson. She’s a self-proclaimed sweet tooth who understands the struggles customers face… and she’s ready to talk about them with you!
That’s right, Rachel will be the next host of our Facebook live chat series, Ask the Expert. This 30-minute biweekly event gives you a chance to chat with a Nutrisystem dietitian or Weight Loss Coach about your healthy-living successes, challenges and more. This week, Rachel will be covering the topic of SmartCarbs. Join us LIVE on Facebook on Thursday, April 21st at 7 p.m. for this great event.
In the meantime, get to know our weight loss expert with this quick Q&A:
1. Have you or anyone in your family ever struggled with weight? If so, how has that experience shaped your approach to coaching?
I had gained weight when I started college, and it took a good amount of time for me to lose it. I really liked my sweets and desserts (still do now!), and I can really empathize with customers when they are working hard to resist temptation!
2. What is one thing you wish every customer knew?
Slip-ups on a diet can happen! And you can move forward from them. Giving into a craving once in a blue moon does not ruin your entire day, and you can get right back on track with the next meal. If you need help making that happen, just call or chat with a coach, and we can help you plan accordingly for the rest of the day.
3. How do you survive holidays/birthdays/celebrations, healthy-style?
I scope out everything that is available first. I will fill my plate with the veggies first, and then look for some lean protein to add on. When socializing, I will put my plate down to avoid mindless eating, and keep the conversations away from the food table.
4. What would you say to someone who is convinced they’ll never lose that weight or get healthier?
Take one day at a time. Weight loss requires patience, and your small victories over time will add up to bigger ones!
5. How do you turn around a bad day?
I enjoy spending time with my cat. If the weather permits, I will take a long walk outside.
6. Why did you choose to be a Weight Loss Coach?
I like motivating people and providing support. With my background in nutrition, I love discussing foods and educating our customers.
7. What’s the one best tip you give someone when coaching?
Include a variety of foods in your diet. Keep it interesting for yourself, and have fun discovering new veggie recipes, convenient snacks for on-the-go, and ways to dress up your entrees. You do not have to stick to the same thing every day.
8. Can you tell us about a time when you helped someone through your job and it impacted your life?
As a coach, I get to interact with a lot of customers on the program. Not everyone has support available when they need it, and we are here to provide that! We have a few customers that check in daily, and when one specific gal reached her weight loss goal of 50 pounds, we were all so happy for her! I am touched when someone thanks me just for being there.
9. What is the most popular question you get?
“Can I have pickles?” We get this one often. You can have them, but we do recommend them as a limited Extra because of the sodium they contain.
10. What’s your favorite Nutrisystem entrée?
Ravioli Formaggio and the Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar!
11. How do you fit fitness into your busy day?
During the warmer months, I love walking outside during my lunch break. If it is not as nice out, I head on over to the mall to walk with the early morning crew. I try to get my exercise in after I wake up in the morning so I feel more accomplished starting my day.
12. What’s a great day at work look like for you?
I love when customers let us know that they are proud of themselves for making a smart choice, or updating us on another goal they have reached. I like to celebrate everyone’s victories with them!
13. When you cheat, what do you choose?
I really like Tootsie Pops!
14. What are your favorite SmartCarbs?
Half a sweet potato or a cup of raspberries.
15. Share your favorite quote with us?
“A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.”