I. Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you interact with our Site, for example, placing an order, creating an account and/or profile, or purchasing a subscription on our Site, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, contact numbers, age, height, weight, credit card number, and expiration date, and other data detailed in the section below. The personally identifiable information we collect when you place an order, create an account and/or profile or purchase a subscription on our Site may be used for the purposes outlined in this policy, including:
- to fulfill your requests for products and services
- to notify you of order, delivery, and shipment statuses
- to provide you with offers from Nutrisystem and its affiliates
- to enhance your experience with us
- to contact you when necessary
- as further described in detail in Section IV below.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information obtained depends on the context of your interactions with us and may include the following:
- Account information. For example, we may collect your contact information that you provide including name, mailing, billing, or shipping addresses, unique personal and online identifiers, birthdate, telephone number, authorization credential tokens, credit card and payment information, email addresses, and mobile phone number.
- Health and biometric data. If you create a user account, we may collect the information you submit, including your age, gender, and health information that you choose to provide, such as your current weight and goal weight, height, BMI, exercise activity, food consumption and diet, and biometric data including voice recordings.
- Careers. For example, we may collect your resume and employment and education history when you apply for a job on our platform.
- Content that you post. This includes content posted on our Platform or sent to us in a message through the “Contact Us” page, chat, blogs, or call center.
- Social media information. This includes online information about you that you or others have posted.
Information Provided in Optional Surveys
- We may periodically ask members to participate in online surveys or fill out online questionnaires concerning topics such as the effectiveness of the weight loss program, advertising effectiveness and customer satisfaction. All surveys and questionnaires are optional, and the information collected will not be associated with any user’s personal information. Information gathered may be shared with third parties in order to improve customer satisfaction and program effectiveness. No personal information of any user will be connected to survey or questionnaire results.
II. Information Collected Automatically
Nutrisystem® also collects information automatically and passively, such as how you use our Site, as described below.
- Commercial information. For example, we may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested or have considered or purchased.
- Device information. This includes the type and model of Device or identifier you use to access our Platform, IP address or operating system, and geolocate information.
- Other information. We also collect non-personally identifiable information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types or search history, the site you came from, the site you visit when you leave us, how you interact with an advertisement, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site. This information may be used for our business purposes. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
- Combining Information. We may combine the information we collect through our Platform. We may link this information to personally identifiable information for these and other purposes, including personalizing your experience on our Site. Information is also collected when you use our app Handheld Products, including the software application needed to utilize the Handheld Products on your handheld Device (the “Application”). During the installation of the Application and subsequent synchronizations, we collect non-personally identifiable information concerning your Device (such as the specific type of operating system and hardware you have, and the amount of free and total memory) and the Application’s files on your Device. Our Handheld Products also collect information about your usage of the Application (such as the dates you last synced with the Internet or the dates you last used certain features). When you sync your Device with the Site, we store some of this information.
III. Information We Collect From Third Parties & Affiliates
We collect personal information about you from third parties in connection with our Site, app and Services, including from the following sources:
- Service providers that we engage to perform portions of our Services or provide functionality or features made available through our Site or app
- Advertising providers, including online advertising networks and analytic vendors
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, FitBit, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
- Promotional partners
- Your contacts or friends who provide your information
Additionally, we may collect some or all of your Personal Information from our parent company, affiliates, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control.
IV. What Nutrisystem® Does With Your Information
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide our Products and Services. We may use your information to fulfill your requests for products or services and process requests.
- To Run and Improve our Platform and Business. We may use your information to improve our products and services, make our Platform and business better, and to customize your experience with us.
- To Communicate with You. We may communicate with you about your account, this Policy, or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Verify Your Identity. This includes verifying your identify through other authorization information you provide, for example AppleID and determining your eligibility for our products and Services.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company, including advertising or providing you with information about products and offers and sending you communications, including through the mail, email, phone calls, push notifications, or text message. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- To Perform Data Analytics. This may include monitoring and analyzing user activity, market research, customer segmentation, financial analysis, and evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- For Customer Satisfaction. Nutrisystem periodically asks members to participate in online surveys or fill out online questionnaires concerning topics such as the effectiveness of the weight loss program, advertising effectiveness and customer satisfaction. All surveys and questionnaires are optional, and the information collected will not be associated with any user’s personal information. Information gathered may be shared with third parties to improve customer satisfaction and program effectiveness.
- For Referrals From time to time, Nutrisystem collects third-party email addresses or other contact information from our users and customers so that Nutrisystem may send information to their friends and family on an as-requested basis, such as for referral coupons. We also require the same when users utilize certain functions such as “email this to a friend” features.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services, protecting our Platform, or investigating a potential fraud.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or As We May Notify You.
Will Nutrisystem disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
From time to time, we may make customer email addresses and postal addresses available to other businesses whose products or services might be of value to you. If you do not want us to share your information with other companies or organizations for their marketing purposes, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from Nutrisystem, we may continue to send you certain communications such as service announcements and administrative messages, relating to Nutrisystem that are necessary to our relationship with you.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share personal information with our parent company, affiliates subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. Nutrisystem shares your information (other than payment information) with third-party vendors for shipping and billing purposes and with other third-parties that provide a service for Nutrisystem to help us operate our business and the Site and administer activities on our behalf.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. Nutrisystem may also provide your information and aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising, analytics, reporting, or strategy. For example, we use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc., to gather information about how you and other users engage with our Site and app. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
In addition to what we have described above, Nutrisystem may also disclose your personal information to third-parties in certain limited circumstances, as follows:
- as necessary if we believe that there has been a violation of our Site Terms and Conditions (https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/terms/index.jsp; https://leaf.nutrisystem.com/terms-and-conditions/), of the law, of our rights or of any third party;
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- to share your account information with other members of your household.
Credit Card and Payment Information
Nutrisystem does not share any of your payment information with third parties (except to its payment processors).
How does Nutrisystem protect customer information?
Protecting your information from unauthorized disclosure is important to us. We use the industry standard technology to protect the security of your information. We have taken certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial steps designed to safeguard the information we collect from you. Unfortunately, no data transaction over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. A user name and password are needed to access certain areas of the Nutrisystem Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
Mobile Devices/Third-Party Fees
From time to time, we may make mobile device applications and mobile marketing campaigns available to you and may allow you to register for services that involve push notifications and/or emails being sent to your mobile Device. You are responsible for obtaining access to the mobile Device services. Such access may involve third-party fees, including mobile carrier, text messaging, or airtime charges. You are solely responsible for those fees, including any and all fees associated with the use of the applications, delivery of the messages, emails or other materials to your mobile Device. Please consult your mobile service provider’s pricing plan prior to purchasing or downloading any application or registering for any such service to determine the charges for sending and receiving push notifications or emails from/to your mobile device. You will be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive push notifications or emails to your mobile Device at the time you register for the campaign and with each message or email you receive. To stop receiving push notifications or emails from NuMi, please change your communication settings in the NuMi® app or at NuMi.com. To stop receiving text messages, text “STOP” to our shortcode by responding to any text message received from NuMi. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just re-subscribe in the same manner that you previously used to sign up.
If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-585-5483. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency may vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Mobile marketing campaigns may involve your sending text message or e-mail from your mobile Device to us or a third-party campaign operator. An autodialed text message, e-mail or other response will then be sent to your mobile Device. Opting to participate in a campaign is 100% your choice. Your consent to receive marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase with Nutrisystem, and you may opt out at any time.
When you engage in these mobile marketing campaigns, we and the third-party campaign operator that we work with may collect your cell phone number, the name of your wireless service provider, images that you send using your cell phone as part of the campaign, and other relevant information.
Our Bulletin Boards, Social Media Pages, Chat Rooms & User Blogs
As part of our Services, we may provide support through bulletin boards, chat rooms (support groups), social media pages, The Leaf and blogs (collectively, “Forums”). Forums give our customers the opportunity to interact with each other. Forums are moderated to help keep inappropriate messages from being posted. You are offered the opportunity to include your email address with your message, but you are not obligated to do so. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information through or on these Forums your information can be viewed, collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in a Forum that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. We cannot control the actions of any third-parties. By posting any comments, pictures or other information (“Content”) in a Forum hosted by us, you grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide right to copy and post both such Content within our Site, and those of our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees and any social media outlets and advertising medium through which we are engaged or elsewhere on the Nutrisystem Site, without any further notice to you or any remuneration therefor.
V. Your Rights and Your Consent
A Special Note to Parents or Legal Guardians
Nutrisystem only allows the participation of persons 14 years and older to be on a Nutrisystem program. For legal guardians or parents of children ages 14 – 17 years old, please call 1-888-995-3438. For parents interested in helping children younger than 14 to lose weight, please consult a physician. This Site is neither intended for nor directed to children under the age of 14 and we shall not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from such children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 14 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained below.
When you use our Site, we gather web traffic information via “cookies”. Cookies are small pieces of digital information stored by your browser on your computer and track initial and returning visits, browsing patterns on our Site, and products ordered and viewed. Our cookies do not contain personally identifiable information, but they enable us to identify you as a repeat visitor and help us personalize your nutrisystem.com experience. Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions on how to do so in the “Help” section of the toolbar. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here.
You need to have cookies enabled on your computer to use our Site. If you do not accept cookies to use our Site, you may not be able to use certain resources or features of our Site.
Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies, and they are not placed on your computer. You may need to take additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, and 3rd Party Cookies
Nutrisystem, or third parties engaged by us, may use web beacons on some pages of this Site. A web beacon (also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF) is a graphic image which is used to better understand the browsing patterns of visitors to the page.
When the HTML code for the web beacon points to a website to retrieve the pixel image, information can be passed along such as the IP address of the computer that requested the image, the time the web beacon was viewed and for how long, the type of browser that was used, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons DO NOT pass or read personally identifiable information about you.
Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies set by trusted third parties that are used to assess the effectiveness of promotional campaigns or to optimize advertising once a user leaves a website. View your browser’s help section to determine how to configure your browser to reject or manage first-party (i.e., Nutrisystem) and/or third-party cookies. Nutrisystem shares aggregated information collected through web beacons to vendors for which the beacon was set to determine the success of marketing campaigns but does not disclose personally identifying information to these vendors.
Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
How we respond to “DO NOT TRACK” signals
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
For more information about our advertising policies, please click here.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use, and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA (“California Consumer Personal Information”). CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information.
|We may collect this category of California Consumer Personal Information.||Do we use and share this category of personal information for “business purposes?”||Do we use and share this category of personal information for “commercial purposes?”||Do we sell this Personal Information?|
|Customer records containing personal information|| |
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law|| |
including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
|Internet or other electronic network activity information|
including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
|Audio, electronic, or similar information|| |
|Professional or employment-related information|| |
|Non-public personal education information|| |
|Inferences drawn from the above categories of information to create a profile about preferences|| |
- We collect California Consumer Personal Information as described above Sections 1-3 of this Policy
- We use the California Consumer Personal Information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
- We share California Consumer Personal Information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
California Resident Rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions, the CCPA, allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information give consumers the following:
- The right to request the following information regarding our use of your California Consumer Personal Information:
- The categories of your Personal Information that we have collected
- The purposes for which we have collected or used such California Consumer Personal Information
- The categories of sources for the California Consumer Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed your California Consumer Personal Information
- If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list identifying the California Consumer Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- If we have sold your personal information, a list identifying the California Consumer Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased.
- The right to receive a copy of your California Consumer Personal Information.
- The right to request us to delete your Personal Information when we no longer need such data in connection with our Services (subject to certain exceptions that may apply under applicable law).
- The right to equal rights and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
- Notice of Right to Correct. California law also provides consumers the Right to Correct. This right allows consumers to contact us and request that we correct inaccuracies in a consumers’ Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you can correct errors in your data by contacting us.
- Notice to Limit the Use or Disclosure of My Sensitive Personal Information. California law also allows you the right to limit the use or disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information except as necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods and services. You have the right to submit a verified request to us to limit the use or disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information.
The categories of Sensitive Personal Information that we may collect about you are described below:
|We may collect this category of “Sensitive Personal Information”||Do we use this category of sensitive personal information for “business purposes?”||Is this category shared or sold?|
|Genetic Data: biometric information|| |
|Genetic Data: Information concerning a consumer’s health|| |
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information: Notice of Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We engage in the “sale” of personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) with certain marketing co-op platforms that use customer data as part of the cooperative marketing database to help companies gain prospective new customers. Nutrisystem does not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 without receiving affirmative authorization. Under California law, residents of California may request that we cease selling or sharing their Personal Information (“Request to Opt Out”).
California residents who wish to exercise any such rights listed above, please contact us by phone or web as follows:
- Phone: 1-888-914-9661 PIN: 898901
- Web Link: https://privacyportal.onetrust.com/webform/4c2d79f7-9e3b-4583-9222-e96f3c7f2fee/0491719a-22a3-429a-9d38-0b70409a5fd2
Please provide us with the following information when making any such request:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- The request that you are making, (that you are making a Request to Opt Out or any other request rights set forth above that are provided to California Residents).
If we are able to find your information in our system and you have made a request to be opted out of the sale of your personal information, we will complete your request and forward it to those entities with which we sell or share data and send you a confirmation.
In compliance with CCPA, we maintain records of consumers for at least 24 months.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (“Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your California Consumer Personal Information. Please understand that we are required to verify your request and may require you to provide some information to enable us to carry out such verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with California Consumer Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the California Consumer Personal Information relates to you.
Use of authorized agents
You may use an authorized agent to make a Request to Opt-Out, a Request to Know, or a Request to Delete. To do so, please have your authorized agent contact us using one of the methods, and providing the requested information above, to make the request. Please note that your agent must provide us with a signed document evidencing your authorization for the agent to operate on your behalf related to these requests. We may also ask to contact you to verify the request.
Please note that under the California Regulations and the California Consumer Privacy Act, a copy of your agent’s request will be kept.
If any request under California law is denied or denied in part, you will be alerted to that fact and provided an explanation.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use California Consumer Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
California’s “Shine the Light” law. California’s Civil Code section 1798.83 requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third-party businesses for the third-party businesses’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third-party businesses for the third-party businesses’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information sharing. We have such a policy in place. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third party businesses for the third-party businesses’ direct marketing purposes, please opt-out here. You can also make a request, by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain personal information that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of personal information of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us via the web. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
Your Consent and Notification of Change
If you want to subscribe to our e-newsletter, we only require your email address. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the opt-out directions in the newsletter or by unsubscribing here.
If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from Nutrisystem, we may continue to send you certain transactional communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages relating to your account with us that are necessary to our relationship with you.
Once you make an unsubscribe request as set forth above please allow 7-10 business days for processing of such request.
To make changes to any of your personal information, including name, username, password, shipping address, and telephone number, you can visit the My Account of the Nutrisystem web Site or call Nutrisystem at 1-800-585-5483. Household members may not make changes to your account information or cancel or renew your account without your express permission. If you have not already indicated your permission for household members to access your account at the time you placed your first order, please call 1-800-585-5483.
VI. Third-Party Websites
Storage of Information
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
VII. Tell Us What You Think
Nutrisystem welcomes your questions and comments about privacy and/or this policy. Please send an email to: Privacy@nutrisystem.com. You may also write us at the following address:
600 W Office Center Dr.
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Terms and Conditions
Please also read the Terms and Conditions on the Site to understand additional terms and conditions which apply to the use of our Site.