Impress your breakfast guests with these Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes, which have all the flavor and elegance of your favorite upscale brunch entree, without any of the fuss. Featuring just six simple ingredients, this healthy breakfast recipe is so easy to prepare and so ridiculously tasty, we’re pretty sure it will become a staple on your morning menu.
But consider this fair warning: You’re going to want to double the recipe if you’re not savoring them solo. Once your loved ones get a whiff of these pancakes, you’re sure to lose a few!
One serving of these Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes counts as one SmartCarb, two Powerfuels and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Log this recipe in the NuMi app here >
Servings: 1 serving (Makes 5-6 pancakes)
Calories per Serving: 267
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Blend all ingredients except poppy seeds in a food processor.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and heat to medium high.
- Pour a spoonful of batter onto pan.
- Heat until the pancake is browned and golden underneath and around the edges.
- Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat until you have 5 or 6 pancakes.