Spider French Onion Dip RecipeRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Having a Halloween party? Your guests will love this Spider French Onion Dip recipe because it isn’t just delicious, it’s adorable too! Just be sure to serve additional veggies for dipping since this healthy holiday appetizer is so cute, we doubt anyone will want to eat it.
Looking for more spooky recipes? Check out these 13 Healthy Halloween Treats! >
Stay healthy this holiday season with delicious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- For the spider:
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 sliced black olive
- Extra vegetables for dipping
- For the French Onion Dip:
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. minced dried onion
- 2 tsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- For dip: Heat oil in a pan to medium high. Add onions and garlic, stir to coat, and let cover and cook until caramelized (~15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the rest of the onion dip mixture.
- Stir in the caramelized onion mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- For the spider: Make the body by slicing off the stem, white ribs, and seeds of the first bell pepper. Place body, cut-side down, in the middle of the dip.
- For the legs: Thinly slice the second bell pepper into strips and place on each side of the body
- For the eyes: Poke two holes in the body. Insert half of the black olive slice into each hole.