Black Bean and Rice Salad is one of our Nutrisystem members’ favorite healthy recipes. Simple to make, quick to cook and delicious to eat, it delivers delicious vegetables as well as a filling serving of beans and rice, courtesy of Nutrisystem’s Yellow Rice And Black Beans lunch entrée. In this installment of The Dish with Deanna, watch as Nutrisystem’s Deanna Otranto demonstrates how to make this amazingly simple and filling weight loss meal.
Pick up a Nutrisystem Yellow Rice And Black Beans lunch entrée for this super quick and filling salad—just add tomatoes, green onions and pico de gallo to sample a favorite among Nutrisystem members.
If you enjoyed this delicious salad, try some of our other quick and easy salad recipes:
- 9 Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- How To Build The Best Salad Ever
- Taco Salad
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Grilled Power Salad
- Apple Chicken Cobb Salad
- Farro Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad
Hi, I’m Deanna Otranto with Nutrisystem. Today I’ll be showing you how to prepare one of our members’ favorite lunch dishes, Black Bean and Rice Salad. To make this recipe, you’ll need one quarter cup of diced tomatoes, a quarter cup of diced onion, one quarter cup of fresh pico de gallo, and about a tablespoon of cilantro for your garnish. [0:00:23]
You’ll also need your Nutrisystem lunch entrée, the Black Beans and Rice. You’ll start by preparing this entree according to the packaged directions. Start by shaking, fill the cup with water to the line, put it in the microwave for three and a half minutes, stir it and cover it for eight minutes. Then remove the cover and let it stand for an additional two minutes. When it’s done cooking, put it in the fridge and let it cool for a little bit. [0:00:48]
And you can cut the vegetables while the beans are cooling. Once they’re cooled, just mix them in the bowl with the remaining ingredients. Do you have a favorite Nutrisystem recipe? Share it with us on Facebook.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch and 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 pkg. Nutrisystem Yellow Rice and Black Beans
- ¼ cup fresh pico de gallo
- ¼ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- Prepare the Nutrisystem Black Beans and Rice entree according to package directions. Refrigerate until cooled, or make the night before.
- In a bowl, stir together the cooled entrée, pico de gallo, tomatoes, and green onions. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.