How to Really Clean Your RefrigeratorArticle posted in: Lifestyle
Cleaning your refrigerator… it’s not a bad idea: we’ve all got something lurking in there that’s either on the verge of becoming a science experiment or has become completely dessicated by the dry air—sometimes both.
We’d even like to take it a step past merely cleaning it out and encourage you to actually clean the thing—take out the shelves and bins and wash them in hot soapy water, and vacuum the condenser coils, which are magnets for dust.
Here are some tips for how to really clean out your refrigerator:
- Empty each shelf.
- Wipe down the outside, paying careful attention to the handles.
- Completely wipe down the inside of refrigerator.
- Remove and wash drawers and underneath the drawers.
- Throw away all expired food.
- Throw away any moldy food.
- Get rid of anything that you do not use—condiments, jams, pickles, spices.
- Vacuum condenser coils, which collect dust.
- Vacuum out under refrigerator.
- Restock shelves and drawers with good, fresh food.
- Enjoy your nice, clean, organized refrigerator.
And once your fridge is as good as new, explore The 15 Most Popular Nutrisystem Lunches to find great suggestions for stocking it up with the good stuff!