#MondayMotivation: 7 Quick Weight Loss TipsArticle posted in: Diet & Nutrition
We all need a little boost on Mondays, so we are proud to present #MondayMotivation, 7 quick weight loss tips to keep in mind as you fire up the weight loss program for the week:
1. Eat your vegetables: Most non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on the Nutrisystem program, and are a great way to feel full without stuffing yourself on calorie-dense foods. Bonus: Vegetables contain nutrients and cancer-fighting properties.
2. Cut up vegetables or buy pre-cut veggies and place them in individual serving bags in the fridge, When you’re headed out the door, grab a couple bags so you have snacks and can ward off temptation.
3. Drink Water: It’s a great idea to keep a pitcher or bottle of water on your desk and to drink from it at regular intervals, and especially before meals. Studies have shown that people who drink two glasses of water 15 minutes before a meal eat about 200 fewer calories. Bonus: You actually burn calories if the water is cold. So chill out.
4. Set your alarm and walk every hour. If you have a desk job, set your alarm to go off every hour. Then get up and stroll around the office. Your muscles will stretch out and your mind can use the break. Plus, you burn a few calories.
5. Sleep. We can’t say it enough: getting a good night’s sleep—7-9 hours—balances the level of hormones in your system that regulate appetite. If you’re deprived of sleep, your body may think you’re not getting enough food and you’ll over-eat.
6. Take solace in small victories. Loose-fitting clothes and a kind word about your appearance or attitude can go a long way to keeping you on track. Plus, small things add up.
7. Weigh in. Get on a scale at least once a week. It’s the best and most reliable way to chart the progress of your program. Be sure to do it at the same time of day each week, and wear the same clothes if possible.