Homemade Air Fryer Veggie TotsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
It only takes 10 minutes to bake a batch of Air Fryer Veggie Tots that your friends and family will rave about.
Compare them to that freezer-burned bag of artery-cloggers left over from your last party that probably took 20 minutes to prepare: These fully homemade Air Fryer Vegetable Tots squeeze nutrients into a shareable snack that just about anyone would enjoy.
Parmesan and the crispy, crunchy surface of these veggie tots (created by the magic of an air fryer) ensure you won’t feel shorted, as you venture into the healthy zone. While it’ll be somewhat clear this recipe is homemade, no one would ever guess that this snack you know and love was totally remade in such a wonderfully nutritious way.
Bonus: Air Fryer Vegetable Tots are only half of a SmartCarb per serving, while packing in the protein of a PowerFuel and the goodness of one Vegetable. Serve them up with half of a piece of fruit for the perfect flex snack. Log these Vegetable Tots and all your daily food intake in the NuMi App here >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1/2 SmartCarb and 1 Vegetable
- 1 zucchini, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, low sodium
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F.
- Grate zucchini and carrot. Wring out the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the above ingredients.
- Form tots and place in air fryer as one layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.