How many calories will I eat on Nutrisystem?
The standard Nutrisystem diet plan provides between 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day, which puts you in the range to lose a healthy, sustainable average of 1 to 2 pounds per week. But we do all the counting for you—so you can lose weight without the worry of tracking calories, carbs, or points.
If you work out vigorously or have more than 100 pounds to lose, connect with one of our Weight Loss Coaches, as you may require additional calories from SmartCarbs and PowerFuels to achieve optimal weight loss results.
If you’d like a more personalized weight loss experience, you can enable NuMi SmartAdapt in our free tracking app NuMi. When you enable NuMi SmartAdapt, we create a calorie goal designed for your unique metabolism with a personalized meal plan to match. Your calories will be personal to you and based on your height, weight, age, gender and activity.
NuMi SmartAdapt: Why is my NuMi calorie goal changing?
Once you’ve enabled NuMi SmartAdapt, NuMi will adjust your daily calorie goal when you hit certain weight loss milestones to prevent weight loss plateaus. The goal is to help you achieve long term success. It’s a plan that adapts to YOU.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the NuMi app and select your Nutrisystem plan. You will be asked if you would like to personalize your plan with NuMi SmartAdapt. You can also go to MORE > SETTINGS > PLAN SETTINGS to select a plan and enable NuMi SmartAdapt.
- Tap “Enable NuMi SmartAdapt” and take the short quiz to help us create your personal plan: Your calorie goal is determined using a scientifically validated algorithm and takes into consideration your age, gender, height, weight, lifestyle and activity level to determine the ideal number of calories your body needs to support an average weight loss of about 1-2lbs per week.
- You’ll receive your custom nutrition plan after completing the quiz.
- As you log your meals and weight into NuMi, the app will review your progress and make changes according to your needs. In the beginning of your second month, SmartAdapt will recalculate your calorie goal after every 10 pounds of weight loss. It will also adapt to address plateaus.
- We recommend that you record your weight in NuMi at least once per week to get all the benefits of SmartAdapt.
What happens if you go over your calorie total on NuMi?
No need to worry! Depending on which Nutrisystem meals and grocery items that you choose, you may be a little over (or under) your calorie total on any given day. You can think of the calorie total on NuMi as more of a guideline rather than a limit.