What is 7 in 7 on Nutrisystem?
Included with select Nutrisystem plans, 7 in 7 is a specially selected first week created by dietitians to help you lose up to 7 pounds in your first 7 days* – because when you get off to a fast start, you’re more likely to reach your goal!
Designed to prime your body for steady weight loss, 7 in 7 features Hunger Control Shakes and Fat Burning Bars, plus delicious meals and snacks hand selected by nutritionists.
Your Hunger Control Shakes and Fat Burning Bars are designed to help you feel fuller. You can also eat as many non-starchy veggies as you’d like to fill up!
To learn more about this first week, check out the 7 in 7 Guide! This guide is filled with important information, advice and tools to help you have a successful first week. Be sure to also check out the 7 in 7 Recipe Book for healthy recipes and fresh ideas designed to support your first week of weight loss.
7 in 7 Tips for Success
- Load up your plate with Non-Starchy Vegetables: They make a great snack if you’re hungry and can bulk up any Nutrisystem meal.
- Enjoy zero-calorie beverages like black coffee, unsweetened tea and flavored seltzer water. Aim for at least 64 ounces (8 cups) of fluids daily.
- Free Foods are allowed on 7 in 7: Add unlimited flavor to your meals and veggies with spices, herbs, lemon juice, hot sauce, vinegar and more.
- Try to limit your physical activity during 7 in 7. This gives your body time to adjust.
- Space your meals and snacks 2-4 hours apart.
- Hearty Inspirations® meals are not recommended during this first week.
We encourage you to download our free NuMi app to log your food and track your weight loss journey:
- Repeating week 1 in any consecutive four-week period may lead to health complications and is not recommended.
- Please consult with your physician before starting your first week. Not all plans include 7 in 7. Those on a Diabetes plan should not participate in 7 in 7.
*In a study, average weight loss was 5.1 pounds in the first 7 days.
It’s important to know that changing your diet or exercise or losing weight could affect some medical conditions and medications. Your doctor may need to adjust your medications due to changes in your diet, exercise, or weight while on Nutrisystem. Make sure to check with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program, including Nutrisystem. Please be sure to eat all of the food that is recommended on the Nutrisystem program. Failure to follow the program and eat all of the food recommended may increase the risk of developing serious health complications. At Nutrisystem, we care about you. That’s why we champion safe, effective weight loss—no fads, no gimmicks, just better health.