What is Week 1 on Nutrisystem?
Week 1 on Nutrisystem is designed to kickstart your weight loss.* It is specially designed for results you can see (and feel) in your first 7 days! This first week includes meals, snacks, and shakes each day (first order only).
On a Diabetes plan? You’ll skip this separate Week 1 meal plan due to the calorie restrictions. Instead, you will follow the meal plan provided in your Getting Started Guide and NuMi app.
On the Complete Plan? You’ll skip this separate Week 1 meal plan and follow the meal plan provided in your Getting Started Guide and NuMi app.
We encourage you to download our free NuMi app to log your food and track your weight loss journey:
You will receive a specially designed Getting Started Guide pamphlet to help maximize your results. To make organizing your food as easy as possible, each item is color-coded: Breakfast items are labeled with blue, lunches are yellow, dinners are red, and snacks/desserts are purple. We recommend starting your weight loss plan after you have organized your food, gone grocery shopping, and read the Nutrisystem weight loss program materials so you’re prepared and ready to go!
Week 1 meal plan overview:
Each day during your first week, you’ll enjoy:
- 1 Nutrisystem Breakfast
- 1 Nutrisystem Shake
- 1 Nutrisystem Lunch
- 1 Nutrisystem Dinner
- 1 Nutrisystem Snack
- At least 4 servings of Non-Starchy Vegetables (Unlimited!)
- At least 64 oz. of Water (8 cups)
*No PowerFuels, SmartCarbs or Extras until Week 2.
More than 100 lbs. to lose? Add 2 PowerFuels to your day. If you’re using NuMi to track your plan, NuMi will automatically add these additional PowerFuels into your daily meal plan.
To help you get started:
- We created a Week 1 sample menu >
- For more advice on Week 1 >
- All about Non-Starchy Vegetables >
- 19 unlimited healthy veggie recipes >
Week 1 tips for success:
- Load up your plate with Non-Starchy Vegetables: They make a great snack if you’re hungry and can bulk up any Nutrisystem meal.
- Enjoy zero-calorie beverages like black coffee, unsweetened tea and flavored seltzer water. Aim for 64 ounces (8 cups) of fluids daily.
- Free Foods are allowed in Week 1: Add unlimited flavor to your meals and veggies with spices, herbs, lemon juice, hot sauce, vinegar and more.
- Try to limit your physical activity in Week 1. This gives your body time to adjust. If you have been exercising prior to starting Nutrisystem and would like to continue during the first week of the program, we encourage you to reach out to a Weight Loss Coach to discuss your exercise in more detail.
- Space your meal and snacks 2-4 hours apart.
- Hearty Inspirations premium meals are not recommended for Week 1.
Not signed up yet? Click here to learn about our programs and get started with Nutrisystem! >
*Results vary based on starting weight and program adherence.
It’s important to know that changing your diet or exercise or losing weight could affect some medical conditions and medications. Your doctor may need to adjust your medications due to changes in your diet, exercise, or weight while on Nutrisystem. Make sure to check with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program, including Nutrisystem. Please be sure to eat all of the food that is recommended on the Nutrisystem program. Failure to follow the program and eat all of the food recommended may increase the risk of developing serious health complications. At Nutrisystem, we care about you. That’s why we champion safe, effective weight loss—no fads, no gimmicks, just better health.