What is Fast 5 on Nutrisystem?
The Fast 5 week is included with select Nutrisystem plans, including Uniquely Yours Max+. Fast 5 gets you fired up to lose weight with 7 full days of delicious Nutrisystem meals and protein shakes. This first week is simple to follow and lower in calories to jumpstart your results.*
During Fast 5 week, you’ll enjoy a Nutrisystem breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and shake each day. Plus, you’ll add in non-starchy vegetables and water. We encourage you to download our free NuMi app to log your food and track your weight loss journey:
To make organizing your food as easy as possible, each Nutrisystem meal occasion is color-coded: Breakfast items are labeled with blue, lunches are yellow, dinners are red, and snacks/desserts are purple. We recommend starting your weight loss plan after you have organized your food, gone grocery shopping, and read the Nutrisystem Starter Guide so you’re prepared and ready to go!
Fast 5 meal plan overview:
Each day during the Fast 5 week, you’ll enjoy:
- 1 Nutrisystem Breakfast
- 1 Nutrisystem Shake
- 1 Nutrisystem Lunch
- 1 Nutrisystem Dinner
- 1 Nutrisystem Snack
- At least 4 servings of Non-Starchy Vegetables (Unlimited!)
- At least 64 oz. of Water (8 cups)
*No PowerFuels, SmartCarbs or Extras until Week 2.
More than 100 lbs. to lose? Add 2 PowerFuels to your day. If you’re using NuMi to track your plan, NuMi will automatically add these additional PowerFuels into your daily meal plan.
Note: Hearty Inspirations™ premium meals are not recommended during Fast 5 week.
To help you get started:
- We created a Fast 5 sample menu >
- For more advice on Fast 5 >
- All about Non-Starchy Vegetables >
- 19 unlimited healthy veggie recipes >
Fast 5 tips for success:
- Load up your plate with Non-Starchy Vegetables: They make a great snack if you’re hungry and can bulk up any Nutrisystem meal.
- Enjoy zero-calorie beverages like black coffee, unsweetened tea and flavored seltzer water. Aim for 64 ounces (8 cups) of fluids daily.
- Free Foods are allowed on Fast 5: Add unlimited flavor to your meals and veggies with spices, herbs, lemon juice, hot sauce, vinegar and more.
- Try to limit your physical activity during Fast 5. This gives your body time to adjust. If you have been exercising prior to starting Nutrisystem and would like to continue during the first week of the program, we encourage you to connect with a Weight Loss Coach to discuss your exercise in more detail.
- Space your meal and snacks 2-4 hours apart.
- Hearty Inspirations premium meals are not recommended during Fast 5.
Not signed up yet? Click here to learn about our programs and get started with Nutrisystem! >
*Results vary based on starting weight and program adherence. Not all plans include Fast 5. Those on a Diabetes plan should not participate in Fast 5.
It’s important to know that changing your diet or exercise or losing weight could affect some medical conditions and medications. Your doctor may need to adjust your medications due to changes in your diet, exercise, or weight while on Nutrisystem. Make sure to check with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program, including Nutrisystem. Please be sure to eat all of the food that is recommended on the Nutrisystem program. Failure to follow the program and eat all of the food recommended may increase the risk of developing serious health complications. At Nutrisystem, we care about you. That’s why we champion safe, effective weight loss—no fads, no gimmicks, just better health.