What are Flex meals?
What are Flex Meals on Nutrisystem?
We don’t just teach you how to lose weight. We also teach you how
to keep it off. Most Nutrisystem plans give you the freedom to dine out or enjoy healthy, home-cooked meals throughout the week. Instead of eating a Nutrisystem entrée, Flex meals are meals that you create or order out by following the easy guidelines we provide.
Most Nutrisystem plans get to enjoy 2 Flex breakfasts, 2 Flex lunches, 2 Flex dinners and 2 Flex snacks each week (men prepare 4 Flex snacks).
If you opted for a Nutrisystem plan that includes 7 days of food each week, you don’t have to worry about Flexing. Just stick to your Nutrisystem foods for each meal occasion! If you do decide to eat out or cook a meal at home, be sure to follow the Flex meal guidelines to stay on plan.
Please note: If your plan includes Fast 5, you’ll start adding in Flex meals in week 2, unless you are on a plan with Every Day Covered. Flex meals are not required for Nutrisystem 7-Day plans with Every Day Covered or the Uniquely Yours Ultimate Diabetes Plan.
How to Make Flex Meals
In addition to your daily allotment of SmartCarbs and PowerFuels, you’ll be using the SmartCarbs and PowerFuels to create your Flex Meals. You’ll eat Flex meals and snacks in place of Nutrisystem food.
The type and number of add-ins suggested for your Flex meals will vary based on your specific plan and daily calorie goals. If you use NuMi SmartAdapt, you will need to check the NuMi app for your specific PowerFuel and SmartCarb goals.
Here’s a general example of a simple Flex lunch:
- 2 oz. Chicken with Salsa on top (1 PowerFuel + 1 Free Food)
- ½ cup Brown Rice + 1 tsp. Butter (1 SmartCarb + 1 Extra)
- 1 cup cooked Asparagus (2 servings Vegetables)
- Try one of our quick, delicious Flex meal recipes >
- Get tips and tricks for dining out at your favorite restaurants >
- Click here for examples of Flex meals >
- Check out our guide for preparing the perfect Flex meal in five easy steps >