1-Pan Paprika-Tomato Chicken and RiceRecipe posted in:
Looking for a flavorful twist on the classic chicken and rice dish? Say hello to 1-Pan Paprika-Tomato Chicken and Rice.
Featuring a flavorful blend of garlic, onion, bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, brown rice, stewed tomatoes and chicken broth, plus the all-important spice mix of paprika, black pepper and basil, this chicken dish doesn’t leave anything to be desired. Of course, feel free to tailor the seasoning quantities to your taste. If you like more of a bite, add a little more paprika and black pepper. If you prefer more of a subtle flavor, tone down the paprika and pepper, and give the dish a sweeter boost with more basil.
No matter what combo of seasonings you opt for, at just 240 calories and counting as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program, this mouthwatering meal can is sure to become a regular on your weekly menu.
We love that this delicious dish makes six hearty servings because it makes a great healthy meal for the family that tastes so good, they won’t even suspect it’s packed with nutrition. And, if you’re savoring it solo, you’ll have enough leftovers to last you several more flex meals. Need a refresher on flex meals? Click here for everything you need to know >
Just be sure to log your delicious 1-Pan Paprika-Tomato Chicken and Rice dish in our free tracking app, NuMi. With NuMi, you can log your food, water, weight and activity, so you can be confident you’re staying on track toward your weight loss goals. Plus, once you download this handy app, you’ll get immediate access to hundreds of healthy recipes, helpful weight loss tips from our nutrition experts and dietitians, plus exclusive sales and special discounts. NuMi really is the perfect partner to your Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Log each serving of Chicken and Rice in NuMi by clicking right here >
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Calories per Serving: 240
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into six, three-oz. slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sundried tomato, chopped
- 1 cup wild rice medley, uncooked
- ½ can (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes with liquid, low sodium
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Heat oil in a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and sear until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and bell peppers. Cook for three minutes. Stir in sun dried tomatoes, rice, tomatoes and chicken broth. Season with paprika, black pepper and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and rotate the chicken in sauce to coat. Adjust heat to medium, cover with foil, and allow to cook for about 50 minutes, or until rice is cooked through. Add more broth if rice has not cooked fully.
- Remove cover and broil in oven until chicken is crispy and golden.