Packed with flavor and baked to perfection, these Skinny Crab Cakes are just as delicious as your favorite fried versions—which are often filled with calories and can easily derail a healthy diet. The perfect meal to enjoy on the back porch this season, these Skinny Crab Cakes will quickly become your go-to for a hearty yet healthy meal.
Full of fresh, lump crab meat and topped with a homemade dipping sauce, these Crab Cakes will have you feeling fully reminiscent of your favorite summer vacation. Finely chopped scallions and garlic pack in the flavor, while jalapenos add a little kick to this delicious recipe. Whole wheat panko crumbs are combined with egg whites and lump crab meat to create the base of this satisfying seafood dinner.
Divide the mixture into about 10 cakes (should be about two inches in diameter). Pop in the oven for 15 minutes and voila! You have a mouthwatering meal perfect to share with the family. To really get the full-on summer feel, cook these Skinny Crab Cakes on the grill until they are crisp and golden brown. For the creamy and delicious homemade topping, whisk together Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, scallions, lemon juice, cayenne, salt and pepper. Top each crab cake with a spoonful of sauce and prepare for your taste buds to enter into a flavorful (and filling) bliss!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, two crab cakes count as two PowerFuels and one Extra. Clocking in at just 154 calories per serving, these Skinny Crab Cakes are a delicious diet-win. But because they’re so tasty, it’s easy to lose track of your serving count. To ensure you aren’t overdoing it, be sure to log your Skinny Crab Cakes in the NuMi app to stay on track! Easily log your Crab Cakes right here in NuMi >
For a delicious side to pair with this delicious recipe, click the link below!
Want to lose weight enjoying bread, pasta, pizza and even ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: Makes 5 servings (2 crab cakes counts as 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 154
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1-pound canned, lump crab meat
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix all crab cake ingredients except egg whites and crab meat. Fold in lump crab and egg whites, being careful to avoid breaking crab into small pieces.
- Scoop 2” diameter cakes onto the foil lined baking sheet (should make 10 crab cakes). Pat lightly and mist tops with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden.
- While crab cakes are baking, whisk together dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve 2 crab cakes with 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce.