Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Creamy Feta SauceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Are you looking for a new twist on classic potatoes? If so, then this delicious recipe for Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes is just the thing. Taking less than an hour and only requiring simple ingredients, this delicious and incredibly easy side dish is sure to be an instant hit!
Imagine digging into a crispy, golden-on-the-outside and soft-in-the center potato side dish that is bursting with flavor. This creative take on traditional potatoes is really easy to make and can add exciting new dimension to any meal.
Served with a creamy green feta sauce that takes this dish over the top, your taste buds will be in heaven as each bite bursts with garlic, herbs, feta cheese and even more exciting flavors. So if you’re looking for something tasty yet healthy that everyone will love around your dinner table tonight, look no further than these ooey-gooey smashed potatoes.
How to Make Smashed Potatoes
Making smashed potatoes is surprisingly easy! First, put your potatoes in a large pot of water, enough to cover them completely. Use small gold or red potatoes. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and cook the potatoes until they’re easily pierced with a fork – about 20-25 minutes.
Once cooked, drain the potatoes and let them cool slightly before transferring them to a greased baking sheet. Now it’s time to smash! Use either a fork or the flat end of a cup and get smashing until each potato is about ½” high. Then brush them with olive oil, followed by sprinkling on some onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
Finally, pop them into the oven at 425 degrees and bake until golden brown and lightly crispy – around 25-30 minutes. Then garnish with fresh parsley before serving alongside a creamy feta sauce.
To make the feta sauce, add a clove of garlic, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, feta cheese, lemon juice, green onions, fresh basil and parsley to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and add black pepper to taste.
You can add water to the sauce if necessary to make the sauce thinner. Drizzle the sauce over the smashed potatoes or use it as a dip. Bon appétit!
This recipe makes six servings. Each serving contains 102 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it in your NuMi app journal as half of a SmartCarb and half of a PowerFuel.
More Healthy Potato Recipes
Calories per Serving: 102
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb and ½ PowerFuel
- 1 lb. gold or red potatoes (small)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- Place potatoes in a large pot filled with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until potatoes are easily pierced through with a fork, about 20-25 minutes. Drain potatoes and let them cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place potatoes on a large, greased baking sheet.
- Using a fork or the flat end of a cup, smash each potato to about ½" height.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and lightly crispy, about 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- To make the feta sauce, add garlic, yogurt, feta, lemon juice, green onion, basil and parsley to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Add pepper to taste and water if necessary to thin out.
- Drizzle sauce over potatoes or us it as a dip.