Grilled BBQ Chicken Salad Sandwich RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Looking for a grilled BBQ chicken salad sandwich recipe that is easy, healthy and tasty? Look no further! This recipe is simple to follow and only requires a few ingredients. We will show you how to make a delicious chicken salad using grilled chicken that’s served on fluffy hamburger buns with crisp, refreshing vegetables.
This grilled BBQ chicken salad sandwich recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal. It is healthy, flavorful and will leave you feeling satisfied. Give it a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
How to a Make Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich
To make this grilled BBQ chicken salad sandwich, you will need:
- chicken breast
- barbecue sauce
- red onion
- light mayonnaise
- nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- black pepper
- whole wheat hamburger buns
- tomato slices
- lettuce leaves
Here’s how to make it:
This Grilled BBQ chicken salad sandwich recipe is simple and easy to follow. The first step is to marinate the chicken breasts in barbecue sauce for at least one hour. Next, grill the chicken over medium-high heat until it’s fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the grill and refrigerate it until it’s cool. Once cooled, dice into small pieces.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken with more barbecue sauce, red onion, celery, light mayonnaise and nonfat plain Greek yogurt. Season the mixture to taste with black pepper.
To assemble the sandwiches, spoon the grilled chicken salad onto the bottom half of whole wheat hamburger bun. Top it with tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Add the top half of the bun and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Grilled BBQ chicken salad sandwiches are the perfect summertime meal! They are light, refreshing and packed with flavor. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Thanks for reading and happy grilling!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Looking for more easy chicken recipes for summer? Try these delicious ideas:
- Watermelon Chicken Salad >
- Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Chicken >
- Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Cheese >
- Chicken Salad BLT >
- Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers >
- Chicken Kebabs with Peanut Dipping Sauce >
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Sandwich >
Calories per Serving: 436
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 2 PowerFuels and 3 Extras
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 whole wheat hamburger rolls
- Place chicken in a baking dish or zip-top bag. Add ½ cup of barbecue sauce to cover. Let it marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from the marinade. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Refrigerate until cooled down.
- Chop the chicken and place into a large bowl. Stir in red onion, celery, mayo, yogurt and remaining 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce. Season with black pepper.
- Serve on whole wheat hamburger rolls with lettuce and tomatoes.