Anyone who’s ever tried to lose weight knows: There is no such thing as one potato chip. That’s why Air Fryer Potato Chips are every dieter’s best friend.
If you aren’t satisfied until your crispy, salty snack food expectations are met, but it seems that all the nutritious variations on potato chips fall (very) flat, this air fryer chip recipe is for you. Learning how to make potato chips keeps you in control of the amount of oil used and the spices that collect at every tasty ridge. Experiment with hotter spices when you’re feeling adventurous or herbs like oregano when Italian food won’t leave your mind. After the first bite, it’s hard to even think of grabbing a cheap bag of the grocery store variety. These healthy homemade potato chips are far more filling and are sure to keep you satiated all day long.
Best of all, this recipe for potato chips is great for a multitude of occasions. Put them in the kids’ lunches, make them as a healthy appetizer or feature them as a healthy alternative to your game day spread!
Big fan of yams? Use the same recipe with sweet potatoes to make delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips.
Air Fryer Potato Chips are one SmartCarb and one Extra per serving. It’s no coincidence that smart is how you’ll feel as you cook them up! Just be sure to log each serving in our easy-to-use NuMi App to stay on track with your weight loss goals >
Lose weight with a healthy meal delivery service! Learn more about the Nutrisystem weight loss program >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 114
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Seasoning of choice (chili powder, oregano, rosemary, thyme and black pepper)
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400° F.
- Thinly slice potato using a mandolin or a knife.
- Pat potato dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix together potato slices, olive oil, and seasoning.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes (turning occasionally for even baking) or until crisp.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.