With warm weather comes cookouts and all of our favorite foods. While on a healthy diet, we often have to turn down a scoop of our favorite side dish at the neighborhood barbecue. Lucky for you, we at Nutrisystem pride ourselves on promoting weight loss with all of our favorite foods. Red Potato Salad is no exception. We’ve created a delicious, guilt-free recipe you can bring along to the next outdoor get-together.
This recipe packs in the protein with a little help from some hard-boiled eggs and is loaded with flavor thanks to the homemade dressing. For the potato salad, boil baby red potatoes for approximately 10-20 minutes (or until tender). Once drained, immerse potatoes in cold water to cool. Leaving the skin on, slice the potatoes. Hard boil two eggs, slice and add to sliced potatoes. Toss together the potatoes, eggs, chopped celery, parsley and chives.
For the homemade vinaigrette, combine extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, nonfat Greek yogurt, whole grain mustard, pure honey, sea salt and pepper. Carefully toss the dressing into the potato salad. Set in the fridge to chill before serving.
The perfect salad to enjoy as a refreshing side to any grilled item, this recipe is certain to become your summer go-to. Filled with vitamins, protein and tons of flavor, this salad is totally delicious and totally Nutrisystem-approved.
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, one serving counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra. The recipe makes six servings, each clocking in at 138 calories. While this tasty Red Potato Salad is diet-approved, you can easily overdo it because it’s THAT delicious. To avoid overindulging and derailing your healthy diet, be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app >
Want to lose weight enjoying bread, pasta, pizza and even ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Calories per Serving: 138
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. pure honey
- ½ tsp. sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-pound baby red potatoes
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup freshly chopped chives
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine well. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large heavy pot, bring salted water to a boil. Boil potatoes until fork-tender, approximately 10-20 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. Drain and immerse in cold water to stop cooking. Slice into quarters, leaving the skin on.
- In a large bowl, carefully toss together the potatoes, sliced eggs, celery, prepared vinaigrette, parsley and chives. Serve chilled.