Southwestern Sweet Potato and Corn SaladRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Use your spiralizer to create this Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad to add a little spice to your menu and a a lot of color to your plate. Not only will you be livening up the kitchen with the homemade dressing that will be perfectly tossed into this dish of deliciousness, you’ll also be filling up your stomach with vitamin-packed sweet potatoes which are at the base of this festive salad.
If you thought healthy eating had to be boring, this recipe is certain to prove you wrong. This Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad is bursting with so many flavors, your taste buds will be in absolute Southwestern bliss. Your sweet potatoes are spiralized and adorned with grape tomatoes, corn, red bell pepper, red onion and spicy jalepeno for a dish that supplies just as many vitamins and nutrients as it does flavor.
Aside from flavor, this salad is perfect for family dinner night, as it makes four servings. We know how hectic life can be and how hard it often is to schedule sit-down dinners, but this Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad recipe is so good, your family will be sure to find time to share this delicious salad with you. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, this counts as one SmartCarb, a half of a Vegetable and one Extra per-serving, so be sure to log this on your NuMi app to ensure you are getting the best results with your weight loss plans. You can easily log your Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad right here on your NuMi app to stay on track. >
Looking for some other recipes that are tasty alternatives to noodles? Try this recipe for Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad > or this recipe for Parsnip Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce. > Both recipes use the spiralizer to create fresh, flavorful and Nutrisystem-approved flex meals.
Calories per Serving: 145
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 large handful of cilantro leaves
- ½ lime juiced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles and sauté until tender (about 10 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- For dressing: Add Greek yogurt, adobo sauce, cilantro leaves, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, honey and sea salt to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine cooled sweet potato noodles, corn, grape tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and red onion. Pour in dressing and toss to combine.