Parsnip Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream SauceRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Parsnip Noodles are yet another creative outlet for curbing your pasta craving. With the use of a spiralizer, these Parsnip Noodles can be easily created as the base of this Parnsip Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce recipe. A few simple ingredients are used to create the rich and creamy sauce, while parsnip noodles, asparagus, mushrooms and pine nuts are combined to make a colorful, healthy and super-simple “pasta” dish.
Say goodbye to the days of guilt-filled pasta dinners. With the use of a spiralizer, you can take all of your favorite veggies and transform them into pasta-like noodles as a nutritious alternative to pasta addictions. What makes this dish the ultimate pasta replica? It is mixed with a creamy, homemade, flavor-packed Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce. I bet you didn’t think you could indulge in thick and creamy pasta sauces while on a Nutrisystem meal plan, did you? This dish is so easy, yet so colorful, creative and delicious, you will leave the kitchen feeling like a seasoned chef.
This recipe makes two servings, so it’s perfect to make for date night or to pack up to bring to work (more for you!). Gather your ingredients and be on your way to pasta perfection. You certainly won’t be sorry you decided to add this flex meal to your menu. Each serving of these Parsnip Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and three Vegetables—so enjoy AND remember to keep track of your “counts as” on your NuMi app >. It’s simple to use and will ensure you are staying on track. Want to know what other people are logging on NuMi? Check out 17 Most Logged Smart Carbs in Numi. >
Looking to use your spiralizer for another Nutrisystem approved dinner? Check out this super tasty and Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad. >
Calories per Serving: 96
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 3 Vegetables
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato chunks
- 1 cup almond milk fortified with protein
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of sea salt
- 4 cups parsnips (spiralized)
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- For sauce: Steam the sweet potato chunks then place sweet potatoes, almond milk, basil, garlic, red pepper and sea salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the “noodles” using a spiralizer (use a vegetable peeler if you don’t have a spiralizer).
- In a medium pan, sauté the fresh asparagus and mushrooms in cooking spray until tender.
- Add parsnip noodles to pan and cook until tender but not mushy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the sauce and pine nuts and toss to mix.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.