Cauliflower Mac and CheeseRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Feast your eyes on this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe, which gives you hot, steamy cauliflower covered in thick, melty cheddar cheese—at just 114 calories. This unique (and guilt-free) take on traditional mac and cheese is fun and easy to make any time you need a tasty flex dish that fits right into your Nutrisystem weight loss program.
(Still confused about how flex meals work? Click here to get all the answers to your questions! >)
Cauliflower is a great vegetable to add to your diet. That’s because it is low in calories (just 25 in one cup) and high in fiber (2.5 grams per cup). It is especially rich in a unique compound called glucosinolate, which is a micronutrient that has been linked to a reduced risk of cancers of the digestive tract.
Cauliflower is also one of the most versatile vegetables, making it a valuable ingredient, especially for people trying to lose weight. Steamed cauliflower becomes soft enough to be incorporated into mashed potatoes. It can also be milled into grains that resemble rice or sliced into thick “steaks” ready for the grill. At snack time, try this amazing Cauliflower Buffalo Bites recipe, and enjoy the same spicy flavor as your favorite buffalo chicken wings.
Click on the link below to try the Cauliflower Buffalo Bites recipe. You won’t regret it… and neither will your taste buds!
Scroll down to see the full recipe for this delicious Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe!
Calories per Serving: 114
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook cauliflower for five minutes or until semi-soft.
- In a separate small pot on Medium-High, whisk together milk and cream cheese.
- Stir in one and a half cups of cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour cheese mixture over cauliflower and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish, top with a half cup cheese and bake for 10 minutes.