Seafood Pasta SaladRecipe posted in:
Picture this: a warm, sunny day by the seaside, the sound of waves crashing on the shore, and a deliciously refreshing seafood pasta salad to delight your taste buds. Sounds perfect, doesn’t it? Well, we have some great news for you! You don’t need to be near the ocean to enjoy this scrumptious dish. With this easy-to-follow Seafood Pasta Salad recipe, you can bring the flavors of the sea straight to your dining table.
Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or simply looking for a light and flavorful meal, this Seafood Pasta Salad is sure to impress your friends and family. So, get ready to dive into a world of culinary bliss with this mouthwatering, crowd-pleasing dish.
How to Make Seafood Macaroni Salad
Want the ultimate Seafood Pasta Salad for your next picnic or warm weather gathering? Follow these simple steps!
Mix up a quick and easy dressing in a small bowl by combining light mayonnaise, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and black pepper. In a large serving bowl, toss together cooked whole wheat elbow pasta, chopped bell peppers, diced celery, chopped red onion, matchstick carrots and freshly chopped parsley.
Drizzle the creamy dressing over the salad and gently toss until all of the ingredients are well-coated. Finally, fold in some chopped imitation crab and hard boiled eggs.
For the best taste, pop your Seafood Pasta Salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
This recipe makes eight servings. Each serving contains 173 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, log it in your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra.
Exciting Ingredients to Enhance Your Seafood Pasta Salad
A seafood pasta salad offers a versatile canvas for experimenting with various ingredients, allowing you to customize the dish to suit your preferences or dietary needs. Let’s explore some creative and delicious additions that can take your seafood pasta salad to new heights of flavor and texture.
- Cheese – Incorporate cubes or crumbles of your favorite cheese for a creamy, tangy touch. Feta, goat cheese or fresh mozzarella are excellent choices to complement the seafood flavors.
- Olives – Add pitted Kalamata or green olives to give your salad a burst of briny, salty goodness. Olives also lend a Mediterranean flair to the dish.
- Capers – These small, pickled flower buds pack a punch of tanginess and saltiness, making them a great addition for enhancing the overall taste profile of your salad.
- Fresh Herbs – Chopped fresh herbs like basil, parsley, cilantro or dill can brighten up the flavors and add a refreshing touch to your seafood pasta salad.
- Nuts and Seeds – For an extra layer of crunch and a boost of healthy fats, consider adding toasted pine nuts, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds or even sesame seeds.
- Fruits – Incorporate a hint of sweetness and a pop of color by adding diced fruits like mango, avocado or even fresh berries. These fruits pair surprisingly well with seafood and can create a delightful contrast of flavors.
- Pickled Vegetables – Introduce a tangy twist to your pasta salad with pickled vegetables like artichoke hearts, pepperoncini or pickled red onions. They offer a unique depth of flavor that pairs nicely with seafood.
- Legumes – Boost the nutritional value and add some heartiness to your salad by including legumes such as chickpeas, black beans or edamame.
- Grains – For a more filling salad, consider adding cooked grains like quinoa, farro or barley. These grains enhance the texture and offer additional health benefits.
- Spices – Season your seafood pasta salad with spices like smoked paprika, cayenne pepper or Old Bay seasoning for an extra kick of flavor and depth.
With these diverse ingredients at your fingertips, you can create countless variations of seafood pasta salad, ensuring that each bite is a delightful surprise. So go ahead and let your culinary creativity run wild!
Pro Tip: Refer to the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide to find out how to count various add-ins.
More Healthy Pasta Salad Recipes
Calories per Serving: 173
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 8 oz. imitation crab, chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, Dijon mustard, vinegar and black pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, bell peppers, celery, red onion, carrots and parsley.
- Pour the dressing into the macaroni salad and toss until well coated.
- Fold in the imitation crab and eggs.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.