Simple Spring Green Pasta Salad RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
It’s officially March and we’re ready for seasonal spring salads! With so many healthy spring foods in season, recipes are bound to get lighter and brighter (and greener!). Our recipe developers have crafted the perfect spring pasta salad recipe that’s filled with flavor, fiber and fresh spring vegetables like asparagus, peas and watercress.
Serve up this Spring Green Pasta Salad on St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or any other day of the season! Featuring green peas, asparagus tips, watercress and a bright lemon dressing, it’s the ultimate side dish that your guests will adore. Use any shape of whole wheat pasta that you enjoy! We love it with rotini pasta but classic macaroni, penne or even orzo would also be a great option. A garnish of shaved parmesan cheese adds a touch of saltiness that completes this healthy pasta salad recipe.
One serving of this Spring Green Pasta recipe contains 165 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and half of an Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! > Want to pump up the protein with another PowerFuel? Pair it with some baked chicken or fish for a full Flex meal.
We have a healthy salad recipe for every season! Check out our other delicious ideas below:
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- Greek Orzo Summer Salad >
- Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo Salad >
- Warm Winter Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad >
- Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Mediterranean Salad >
- Roasted Jalapeno Quinoa and Chickpea Salad >
- Egg Salad Pepper Sandwich >
- Creamy Pasta Salad >
- Roasted Turnip Salad >
Have you invented your own healthy pasta salad recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your idea and a photo of it on our Recipe Submission page! You could have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Click here to submit your recipes! >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science and over 45 years of experience. Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 165
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and ½ Extra
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta, dry
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup asparagus tips
- ½ cup watercress
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat pot of water to a boil. Add in pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- One minute before the pasta is finished, add in green peas and asparagus tips. Cook for 1 minute. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in watercress, lemon zest, olive oil and black pepper.
- Top with parmesan cheese.