Warm Brussels Sprouts Cranberry SaladRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
The cold weather is moving in quickly and we’re all craving hot, comforting meals. Instead of whipping up a chilled salad to get in your veggie servings, try a more winter-friendly option that’s still smart and satisfying! This Warm Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad features your choice of fresh or dried cranberries, chopped pecans, shallots and a simple, sweet and savory homemade honey dressing.
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to make some tasty swaps in this warm winter salad! You can replace pecans with chopped walnuts, slivered almonds, toasted pine nuts or cashews! You can even replace the cranberries with dried blueberries or another dried fruit that you enjoy. Just be sure to check the label and choose dried fruit without any added sugars. It’s a common sneaky source of the sweet stuff that can be hard to miss!
One serving of this Warm Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad clocks in at 201 calories It counts as half of a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem plan. Want to add another PowerFuel? Feel free to top it with some creamy goat cheese or toss in some shredded chicken! It’s the perfect way to make this simple side dish into a full on Flex meal. Just don’t forget to log this recipe in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals this winter season. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Looking for more fall and winter-inspired salads? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your virtual healthy recipe book! Check out some of the delicious and nutritious ideas below:
- Roasted Turnip Salad >
- Seasonal Couscous Salad >
- Pomegranate Chicken Salad Wraps >
- Arugula Beet Salad with Orange Slices >
- Cacao Citrus Salad >
- Beetroot and Quinoa Superfood Salad >
- Fall Spinach Salad with Apple Vinaigrette >
- Fig Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Pomegranate Arugula Salad >
- Farro Roasted Vegetable Salad >
- Balsamic Beet and Goat Cheese Salad >
- Asian Cashew and Farro Salad >
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- Apple Chicken Cobb Salad >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 201
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 3 cups shaved Brussel sprouts
- 2 cups whole cranberries or ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. honey
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add cranberries and cook until cranberries pop and soften. Remove from pan. (Omit this step if using dried cranberries.)
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add shaved Brussels sprouts. Season with black pepper. Sauté until softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and honey. Pour over the Brussels sprouts.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Serve salad warm.