Autumn is upon us and with the changing of the season comes a new harvest of delicious, fresh fall ingredients. It’s the perfect time to try seasonal salads like this fall salad recipe you can make right at home.
This salad gives you deliciously juicy diced apples, tomatoes and avocado with grilled chicken, hard boiled egg and an autumn superfood, butternut squash, all combined together over Romaine lettuce covered in your favorite dressing. Click here to read why butternut squash is considered a superfood! >
If it couldn’t get any better than it sounds, this flavor-packed super salad is just 300 calories.
Enjoy it as a flex lunch or dinner and count it as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and two Extras on your NuMi app log.
Like this recipe? Click on the link below to discover nine more easy, delicious salad recipes!
Calories per Serving: 307
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable, 2 Extras
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz grilled chicken
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, diced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ¼ avocado, diced
- Dressing of choice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss butternut squash with 2 tsp. olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast until tender and lightly browned- about 25-30 minutes. Let squash cool.
- In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce. Add chicken, eggs, butternut squash, tomatoes, apples and avocado.
- Drizzle dressing over salad