This Beetroot Quinoa Salad sounds so healthy, skeptics might question its flavor. But trust us: This salad is seriously delicious. It’s packed with flavor, thanks to the lemon juice and olive oil (and let’s not forget the cheese… yes, please!). Plus, it’s loaded with nutrition from three superfoods we love: Quinoa, beets and kale. Does it get any better than that?
Plus, if you’re on the Nutrisystem program, this salad makes for a great flex lunch for women. Men who want to enjoy this delicious dish at lunch can simply double the recipe. Men or women who’d like to enjoy this superfood salad as a dinner dish need only add one PowerFuel to the original recipe. We recommend slivered almonds for even greater superfood status. If you’re still a little foggy on flex meals, read this: Flex Meals Explained.
Want to learn more about the superfoods you should be eating? Check out our article on the Top 25 Superfoods You Need in Your Life.
Calories per Serving: 234
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 2 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- 1 cup beets (~3 large beets)
- 3 cups kale
- ½ cup low-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- Trim roots and stem of beets. Wash thoroughly.
- Cook beets in boiling water or roast covered at 400 F until tender, 45-60 minutes. Let cool. Peel skin and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- While beets are cooking, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, and thyme. Pour dressing over kale and toss to coat. Refrigerate.
- Add beets, quinoa and feta cheese to kale. Toss and serve!