Autumn harvest brings us this healthy Fall Pasta Salad filled with sweet potatoes, cranberries, roasted turkey and broccoli.
Celebrate the arrival of fall with a delicious side dish. This pasta salad includes a variety of ingredients that are at their peak during fall harvest. Serve this recipe at your tailgates, football parties and even Thanksgiving dinner. Select the pasta shape that you enjoy most. If you’re feeling fancy, orzo pasta is a unique shape that will impress your guests.
To make your autumn-themed pasta salad, heat a skillet with olive oil to medium-high heat and add cubed sweet potatoes. Cook them until they are soft, then remove from the heat and let them cool. Chop up roasted turkey breast cutlets and reduced fat cheese sticks into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl. Add your cooked sweet potato cubes, cooked whole wheat pasta, dried cranberries, chopped onion and broccoli to the bowl. In a separate small bowl, create a dressing with light mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and onion powder. Add the dressing to the large bowl and toss all the ingredients until they are well combined. Refrigerate your pasta salad for at least an hour before serving.
One serving of this Fall Pasta Salad counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. With only three Extras per day, it’s important to keep track of them for the best results. The NuMi app makes it easy to log your meals and snacks throughout the day. Click here to log this recipe >
Looking for more autumn recipes? Enjoy these tasty ideas:
- Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Butternut Squash Chicken Chowder >
- Savory Turkey Chili >
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie >
- Sweet Potato Pie Nice Cream >
- Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake >
- Pecan Pie Fall Fudge >
Nutrisystem makes losing weight easy with healthy meals and snacks. Sign up for a program today! >
Calories per Serving: 214
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 1 cup sweet potato raw, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 oz. roasted turkey breast cutlets
- 3 cheese sticks, reduced fat
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup light mayo
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium-high. Add in cubed sweet potato and roast until soft, stirring frequently. Let cool.
- Chop roasted turkey and cheese stick into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for dressing.
- n a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour into pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.