This Stuffed Acorn Squash is packed with flavors, thanks to the addition of tangy pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts and some staple spices and herbs.
Enjoy this delicious dish as a healthy side or as a flex meal. Need some clarification on what constitutes a flex meal? Check out this story, which breaks it all down for you.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (or 1/4 cup dried cranberries)
- 8 Tbsp. crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp. coriander
- Dried parsley
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice acorn squash into 4 slices and remove the seeds (If too hard, poke holes and microwave for 4 minutes to allow it to soften).
- Place on an aluminum-lined baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Mix together quinoa, walnuts, pomegranate, and coriander.
- Fill each squash with quinoa mixture and sprinkle dried parsley on top.