Butternut Squash Turkey ChiliRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Featuring butternut squash, lean turkey and a whole host of veggies, this Butternut Squash Turkey Chili is so hearty and so delicious, you’ll have trouble believing it’s diet-friendly! Prepare a big batch and freeze it so you have it on hand to enjoy as the nights get colder. It’s the perfect homemade meal for the fall or winter season.
Counting as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable, this savory soup is the perfect base for a Flex meal. Need a refresher on flex meals? We’ve got you covered here. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Don’t feel like cooking? Nutrisystem has plenty of easy-to-prepare meals that are ready in minutes. We even have chili! Explore our menu and stock up on your favorite foods in perfect portions. >
Lose weight with a simple meal plan and convenient food delivery! Learn more about Nutrisystem >
Servings: Makes 6, 1 cup bowls (1 cup counts as 1 serving)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 Tbsp. serrano pepper, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 ½ cup beans (pinot, black, kidney)
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. paprika
- In a large pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil to Med-High.
- Add onion, garlic and ground turkey. Cook until ground turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the 2 remaining teaspoons of olive oil, bell pepper, serrano pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in diced tomato (with juice), chicken broth, butternut squash and beans. Bring to a boil.
- Adjust heat to low, partially cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is soft.