We don’t know about you, but we are so excited for fall. The leaves changing color, cooler weather, and of course all of the delicious food. One of our favorite things to make in the autumn is this Roasted Delicata Squash Salad. It’s healthy, flavorful, and perfect for a chilly day. In this post, we’ll show you how to make it yourself. Enjoy!
How to Roast Delicata Squash
Looking for a simple and tasty way to spruce up your fall dinner menu? Try roasting some delicata squash! Roasting delicata squash is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this winter squash. It’s a healthy side dish that’s easy to make. This quick and easy recipe is the perfect healthy side dish to accompany any main course.
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Next, cut the squash into half-inch slices and toss with chunks of onions, some olive oil and black pepper. Finally, spread the mixture on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven. Bake the squash for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
The end result is a delicious and slightly sweet roasted veggie that your whole family will love! Roasted delicata squash makes a great healthy side dish that can be enjoyed throughout the fall and winter months. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
A Simple Roasted Delicata Squash Salad for Fall
Turn your roasted delicata squash into a simple fall salad.! With a few additional ingredients, you can take this already delicious side dish into something truly special.
To make it, simple plate the roasted delicata squash and onions on a serving platter. Sprinkle fresh pomegranate seeds on top, along with crumbled feta cheese, chopped walnuts and fresh chopped parsley.
That’s it! If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy salad to enjoy this season, look no further than this Roasted Delicata Squash Salad! This recipe is great for a fall dinner party or even your healthy Thanksgiving menu. It’s the perfect side dish to accompany your favorite protein. (We love it with roasted chicken, turkey or steak!) Plus, it’s easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. Give it a try today!
More Healthy Squash Recipes
Celebrate fall and winter with healthy winter squash recipes! Check out some of our other favorite recipes featuring this seasonal staple:
- Baked Spicy Acorn Squash >
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili >
- Baked Butternut Squash >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Butternut Squash Chicken Chowder >
- Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash Soup >
- Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash >
Calories per Serving: 159
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Cut into ½-inch slices.
- Toss squash slices and onion chunks in olive oil and black pepper. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Once squash is fully cooked and soft, transfer vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, parsley, walnuts and feta cheese.