Slow Cooker Roasted TurkeyRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
From holiday feasts to family dinners, roasted turkey is a go-to option for many households. While most recipes utilize the oven, this simple turkey breast comes together in your crockpot for a moist and flavorful protein-packed meal.
This user generated recipe was submitted by Leaf visitor, Amanda, through our Recipe Submission page. We love its simplicity and the use of a slow cooker, so that you can focus on other tasks while your dinner is brewing. Amanda loves to save the leftovers for sandwiches, casseroles and enchiladas and it’s one of her favorite cold-weather staples. Thank you to Amanda for taking the time to share her recipe so that others can try this healthy PowerFuel option.
Our members are always coming up with unique, innovative ways to prepare their Flex meals and snacks. So, we launched a Recipe Submission page so they can spread their helpful ideas and user generated content! Your favorite recipes are waiting to be shared and prepared by others on the way to their weight loss goal.
One serving of this Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey contains 304 calories and counts as three PowerFuels and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. PowerFuels are essential to your weight loss plan and should be incorporated into many of your meal occasions. Ensure you’re getting in enough of them by logging your food intake into the NuMi app! Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Serve up your turkey with a high fiber side salad! Try out these flavorful recipes:
- Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad >
- Cacao Citrus Salad >
- Pomegranate Arugula Salad >
- Seasonal Couscous Salad >
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad >
Have a favorite recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your Flex meal creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf! Share your ideas here! >
Get healthy and lose the weight with nutritious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Calories per Serving: 304
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 (7.25 lb.) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Place celery, onions, chicken broth and garlic in a crockpot.
- Rinse and dry the turkey. Rub inside and out with the onion soup packet, garlic, oregano, sage and thyme.
- Place turkey into the crockpot on top of the vegetable mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook on high for one hour. Switch setting to low and cook for an additional 7 hours.