Sesame Soy Cucumber SaladRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Nutritious, fresh and perfectly-portioned—this Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad is a delicious lunch, side dish or dinner that puts a whole new meaning behind the word “simple.” As easy as spiralizing cucumber, adding in some tasty, fresh veggies and tossing in the simple, homemade dressing, this salad is the perfect quick-and-easy meal or side dish for any time of year.
Think juicy cucumber turned into a spiral “noodle.” What can possibly be better than that? Well, homemade dressing, of course! Aside from the delicious salad comprised of fresh cucumber, red bell pepper and green onion, you will be whisking a simple yet decadent dressing to toss your non-starchy veggies in (hence the “Sesame Soy” part of this recipe!). The dressing combines savory ingredients like sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, spicy chili flakes and Stevia, which is optional and can add a sweetness to your dressing.
This recipe creates four servings, and each serving is just 49 calories. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, this Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad counts as one Vegetable and one Extra. While this dish is certainly delicious AND nutritious, it can be easy to lose track of just how much Cucumber Salad you consumed, so be sure to log each serving on your NuMi app to stay on track. Forgetting to log your intake can lead to overeating and can hinder your weight loss goals. You can easily log your Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad right here on the NuMi app. >
Love using your handy spiralizer to create “pasta” dishes without the added carbs? Be sure to check out this delicious recipe for Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai > or this recipe for Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad. >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals and snacks delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Calories per Serving: 49
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 english cucumber, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 drops stevia (optional)
- After spiralizing the cucumber, place in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp. sea salt. Allow the cucumbers to rest for 15 to 20 minutes to remove excess water.
- Whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili flakes and stevia if using.
- In a bowl, gently toss together cucumbers, red bell pepper and dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.