These delicious veggie noodles will become your go-to pasta substitute. Packed with nutritional value and flavor, Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai is the ultimate veggie dish, and the perfect way to liven up your menu. With a few ingredients and the use of a spiralizer, you will have a dish just as delicious as any pasta dish!
Who said noodles have to be filled with carbs? The use of a spiralizer is all the craze, and you should jump on the bandwagon. It’s a simple outlet to get more nutritional value in your “pasta” meals, and it also gives you a creative outlet to concoct veggie inspired cuisines that seem as if only a professional chef could make. Easy to use and perfect for those nights that time is of essence, these spiralized carrot and zucchini noodles may seem like they require a lot of work, but they are so simple to create. This Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai is the perfect recipe to liven things up from your sometimes boring and repetitive weekly menu—and it’s super healthy, too!
This Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai makes two servings, so it’s great for date night. It also clocks in on your Nutrisystem meal plan as two PowerFuels, two Vegetables and two Extras. Filled with flavor from the homemade sauce (think soy sauce, garlic sauce, honey and chili flakes), this recipe combines nutritious ingredients like carrots and zucchini for your “noodles,” shrimp, green onions, egg, bean sprouts, peanuts, cilantro leaves and lime.
While this dish if filled with nutritional value, it’s still important to log it on your NuMi app. Keeping track of your daily food and drink intake can increase your weight loss results. Log your Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai right here on the NuMi app. >
Calories per Serving: 290
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 2 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 lime wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic sauce, honey and chili flakes to create sauce . Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. of sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot noodles and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add zucchini noodles and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until zucchini is tender, but still crunchy. Transfer noodles to a colander to allow any excess moisture to drain.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel, add the remaining sesame oil and reheat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shrimp; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, turning shrimp halfway through until shrimp is pink. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add green onions and egg to the pan, stirring until egg is cooked and scrambled. Then, add zucchini noodles, shrimp, bean sprouts and sauce. Toss to combine and continue cooking until the noodles are heated through.
- Divide into two bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.