Roasted Chicken with Rainbow Carrots and PotatoesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Fill your home with the aroma of fresh rosemary and thyme. This flavorful roasted chicken is paired with rainbow carrots and potatoes to create a hearty and healthy dish.
Meat and potatoes are made healthy in this Nutrisystem-approved dinner recipe. A whole chicken is placed in a roasting pan atop a bed of rainbow carrots and baby potatoes coated in olive oil. Fresh lemon, rosemary, thyme, garlic and black pepper add major flavor with very little calories. The chicken is roasted in the oven for about 60 to 75 minutes until it reaches 165°F. Once it’s finished, the chicken is removed from the oven so that it can rest for about 15 prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy this simple yet elegant dish that’s perfect for the entire family!
One serving of this delicious Roasted Chicken with Rainbow Carrots and Potatoes contains 253 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. While you’re enjoying this homemade classic, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! NuMi makes keeping track of your meals easy and can help you reach your weight loss goals.
If you want to forego the carrots and potatoes, serve your roasted chicken with one of these healthy side dishes instead:
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Mega Marinated Roasted Veggies >
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- Crispy Brussels Sprout Chips With Garlic Aioili >
- Red Potato Salad >
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup >
- Roasted Rosemary Beets and Carrots >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today!
Servings: Depends on size of chicken (1 serving = 2 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup carrots and 1/2 cup potatoes)
Calories per Serving: 253
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 Tbsp. light margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups rainbow carrots, sliced into 1-inch slices on a diagonal
- 2 cups red potatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place sliced carrots and potatoes in a roasting pan. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Place chicken on top of the carrot and potato mixture.
- Cut half of the lemon into slices and place inside cavities of chicken.
- Brush chicken with butter and herb mixture.
- Squeeze juice from second half of lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Roast in oven for about 60-75 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. If skin starts to burn too much, place aluminum foil over chicken for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.