Creamy Butternut Squash SoupRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Whip up a big batch of this flavorful cold-weather favorite, Creamy Butternut Squash Soup, over the weekend and help yourself to healthy (and tasty!) leftovers all week-long!
Servings: Makes 4 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1/2 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Then add squash, carrots and onion and sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in milk and desired seasonings.
- Pour mixture into blender. Remove middle section of blender lid to allow steam to escape, and secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.