Indulge in the irresistible goodness of a big batch of this creamy and flavorful cold-weather favorite, the Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. With its velvety texture and rich taste, this soup is the epitome of comfort food.
Crafted with love using fresh butternut squash, carrots, onions and simmered in a fragrant and savory low sodium broth, every spoonful will transport you to a world of autumnal delight. And to make it even better, we’ve added a touch of nonfat milk to lend a creamy and comforting finish.
Whip up a batch of this delectable Creamy Butternut Squash Soup and bask in its warmth throughout the week, knowing you’re treating yourself to a healthy and utterly delicious meal. It’s perfect for embracing the cozy vibes of the fall season!
Calories per Serving: 128
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 ½ cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Then add squash, carrots and onion and sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in milk and desired seasonings.
- Pour mixture into blender. Remove middle section of blender lid to allow steam to escape, and secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.