Turkey Stuffed Acorn SquashRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Squash your hunger with squash! Acorn squash is the perfect healthy SmartCarb to keep you satisfied this season. According to Healthline, this winter specialty is rich in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and B vitamins. We bake it to perfection and stuff it full of Italian-inspired ingredients for the ultimate Flex meal creation.
Featuring a savory blend of onions, garlic, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, ground turkey, spinach, basil and mozzarella, this fresh and filling dinner is perfect for the fall and winter months. If you haven’t tasted acorn squash yet, our healthy and hearty recipe is the perfect dinner to try it out! It’s easy to make and filled with all of your favorite flavors.
Healthy Hacks: While we stuff our squash with ground turkey, you can easily swap in ground beef or chicken. You can also use a different cheese, such as gouda or swiss. Feel free to try some other non-starchy veggies inside, like kale or red bell peppers. Get creative; the combinations are endless!
One serving of this Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash contains 356 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Log this healthy dinner in the NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss plan. Keeping track of your food intake throughout your journey can play a major role in your success. Click here to log this recipe in your NuMi journal! >
Fill up your weight loss menu with more nutritious and delicious ideas! Check out some of our favorite recipes from The Leaf below:
- Air Fryer Italian Spaghetti Squash >
- Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash Soup >
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- One-Pan Lemon Chicken Rice Skillet >
- Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash Bowl >
- Vegetable Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 356
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cups spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash hollow side down, onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until soft.
- While the squash is baking, heat 1 teaspoon of oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes soften, then remove from pan.
- Add in remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and add ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink, breaking up the turkey into crumbles.
- Add vegetable mixture to the cooked turkey. Season with the Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and basil and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the mozzarella chunks. Spoon into the center of the squash. Bake for 5 additional minutes.