Sweet and Savory Spaghetti Squash BowlRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Spaghetti squash is the original veggie noodle. It’s one of our favorite vegetables here at Nutrisystem. Mostly because it’s considered a non-starchy, unlimited veggie! That means you can enjoy as much of it as you’d like on your Nutrisystem program. We took this low carb pasta substitute and created this Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash Bowl filled with decadent ingredients.
This hearty bowl features sweet potato cubes, creamy goat cheese, sweet honey and the flavors of cinnamon and sage. Before you get started with the recipe, you will need to cook your squash. Click the link below to learn how to cook the perfect spaghetti squash:
Once your squash is ready, start by dicing up a raw sweet potato. Sauté it in a large skillet in olive oil over medium-high heat until it’s soft. Add in your cooked spaghetti squash, cinnamon, sage, margarine and honey. Allow the mixture to cook for one to two minutes. Remove from the heat and top with goat cheese crumbles. Enjoy your sweet and savory spaghetti squash supper!
One serving of this Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash Bowl contains 288 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, three Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. To help you stay on track towards your weight loss goals, make sure to log this recipe in the NuMi app! It’s the perfect place to track your meals, water, exercise and measurements. Click here to get started with your free journal >
Squash is a versatile veggie that is featured in many recipes here on The Leaf. Check out these other tasty ideas:
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash >
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup >
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash Pasta >
- Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Butternut Squash Chicken Chowder >
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili >
Lose weight enjoying healthy meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our programs >
Calories per Serving: 288
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 3 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 2 cup spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 cup raw sweet potato, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. light margarine
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium-high. Add diced sweet potato and cook until soft, stirring frequently.
- Add spaghetti squash, cinnamon, sage, margarine and honey. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Take off of the stove and top with crumbled goat cheese.