Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash PastaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Just looking at the ingredients for this turkey bolognese dish is sure to make your mouth water. The turkey, slow-cooked to perfection with veggies and spices creates a heavenly flavor. With the addition of flavorful spaghetti squash pasta, this creative dish is well worth the wait.
Since it is a slow-cooked dish, make sure to allot at least four hours to cook (see directions below). For a demonstration on how to prepare the spaghetti squash pasta, click here to watch this video! >
One serving of this recipe contains 262 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one Powerfuel, two Vegetables and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
For another creative turkey-squash combo dish, see this recipe below!
Calories per Serving: 262
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Powerfuel, 2 Vegetable, 2 Extras
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 3 cups peas
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart or larger
- Add turkey to slow cooker. Break up larger pieces of turkey. Add peas, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers, oregano and basil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half; remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut a few slits through the skin of the squash.
- Add squash cut side down in the slow cooker into the sauce.
- Cover, cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Use a fork scrape out the spaghetti strands once cooked through.