Butternut Squash Chicken ChowderRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Experience unparalleled comfort and nourishment with our delightful Butternut Squash Chicken Chowder. This creamy and flavorful soup is not only a culinary masterpiece but also a nutritional powerhouse. Packed with essential nutrients, it will leave you feeling satisfyingly energized. Ideal for cozy evenings or whenever you crave a bowl of pure bliss. Get ready to indulge in a soup that combines comfort, flavor, and wholesome goodness!
Since this delicious soup counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Vegetable, it is a great base for a Flex meal. If you’re still a little fuzzy about what comprises a Flex meal, check out this great story, which breaks it all down for you.
While your chowing down on your chowder, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! NuMi is our easy-to-use tracking tool that complements your Nutrisystem plan.
Looking for more recipes? Try these other tasty soups from the Leaf:
Servings: Makes 6, 1 cup bowls (1 cup counts as 1 serving)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups turnip, cubed
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil to Med-High.
- Add chicken and cook about five minutes on each side till browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken and cut into shreds/chunks.
- In a large pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil to Med-High.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, turnip, butternut squash, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Adjust heat to low, partially cover, and let simmer for 40 minutes or until squash and turnips are soft.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Remove half of the vegetables and blend until smooth.
- Add the pureed vegetables back into the pot as well as the chicken and stir to combine.