5-Ingredient “Cheezy” Cauliflower SoupRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Sides
In case you hadn’t heard: Cauliflower is pretty much a superstar in the healthy eating world. That’s because its versatile texture and subtle flavor make it an easy replacement for everything from potatoes to rice (If you haven’t tried our Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, you haven’t lived!).
In this delicious recipe for 5-Ingredient “Cheezy” Cauliflower Soup, this favorite veggie is blended with flavorful leeks, garlic and chicken broth, for a creamy soup that gets its cheesy taste from nutrient-packed nutritional yeast. Whip up a big batch of this savory soup and freeze it. That way, you’ll always have something warm and cozy to enjoy on those frigid winter days. Pair it with some lean meat for a light flex lunch.
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals delivered directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem programs >
Calories per Serving: 159
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Vegetables
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- ½ Tbsp. garlic
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Heat 1 tablespoon of chicken broth in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and leeks for 3 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cauliflower to the vegetable mixture and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the soup to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Carefully ladle the soup into a blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan to reheat before serving.