Cauliflower Sweet Potato SoupRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
With the changing of the season comes your craving for a warm and cozy fall soup. This Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup recipe is full of fall flavor, giving you nutrition-packed combination of sweet potatoes and cauliflower in a vegetable broth infused with delicious seasonings.
The base ingredient in this recipe, sweet potatoes, are your calorie dream food. Naturally sweet, one medium potato clocks in at only 105 calories with a whopping four grams of fiber and zero fat. It also supplies 438 percent of your daily value of vitamin A and 37 percent of your daily value of vitamin C, as well as being good a source of important B vitamins, manganese, copper and iron.
There’s also good evidence in medical studies that antioxidant plant chemicals in sweet potatoes may be beneficial in preventing a number of chronic and deadly diseases, including diabetes and cancer. So with this soup, you’re getting a lot more than just a tasty side to your meal.
If you’ve been sold on the health benefits of sweet potatoes, click on the link below to discover another delicious fall side dish!
At just 127 calories per serving, this fall soup makes for a satisfyingly guilt-free side during lunch or dinner. Count it as one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra on your NuMi App log.
How about the other nutritious veggie in this recipe? Cauliflower is another superfood that you can feel great about including in your next meal. Click here to check out this delicious Cauliflower Buffalo Bites recipe >
Servings: 4 (1 cup each)
Calories per Serving: 127
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Optional: 4 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except for milk, flour and chives. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until vegetables are soft- about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together flour and milk. Add to pot and cook until soup thickens- about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped chives.