Nacho lover? Us, too. Filled with greasy chips, too many toppings and a whole lot of calories, this game day classic can totally derail a healthy diet. But by making a few simple ingredients swaps, overindulging for the big game is “nacho” problem. Read on to get the details on these delicious and easy-to-make Cauliflower Nachos.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cut one large head of cauliflower into half-inch slices to create the nacho “chips.” To flavor the cauliflower chips, season with chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Arrange the cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. While the cauliflower is browning, saute ground turkey with minced garlic, chili powder and cumin. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and top with the browned ground turkey and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for about three to five minutes. Top with tomatoes, red onion, pickled jalapeno and fresh cilantro. and prepare to bite into a cheesy, crunchy and juicy snack all wrapped into one delicious Cauliflower Nacho recipe.
This recipe is the perfect healthy appetizer to bring to a game day party. Making five servings, each counts as one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving in your NuMi app to stay on track with your weight loss goals. Easily log your Cauliflower Nachos right here in NuMi >
Check out a few more appetizer recipes that are the perfect to whip up for any tailgate, party or get-together!
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 144
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ pound (8 ounces) ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- ¾ cup roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeno
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower florets into ½-inch slices to form “chips”. 1 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Arrange cauliflower on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until cauliflower starts to brown.
- While cauliflower is cooking, brown ground turkey in a skillet with minced garlic and remaining chili powder and cumin.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Top with ground turkey and shredded cheese and return to oven for 3-5 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted.
- Transfer cauliflower slices to a platter and top with tomatoes, red onion, pickled jalapeno and fresh cilantro.