Sweet Potato Chicken NuggetsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Who doesn’t love a scrumptious chicken nugget with honey mustard dipping sauce? Even better, who doesn’t love a chicken nugget that combines the sweetness of a sweet potato and flavorful spices for a tasty take on this classic meal? These Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets will become an absolute household favorite meal for you AND the family. In fact, whipping up this recipe leaves you with six servings, so there’s plenty to share or save for later!
Simple to prepare and sure to satisfy, Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets combine an array of sweet and salty flavors to provide perfection in the kitchen. With the addition of homemade honey mustard, your taste buds will be satisfied and your stomach will be filled. What makes this dish even better, you ask? One serving counts as a mere one SmartCarb and one Powerfuel. So not only is this lunch or dinner delightful to taste, it’s also Nutrisystem approved!
While one serving does only count as one SmartCarb and one Powerfuel, it’s sometimes easy to lose track of our food intake throughout the day. We can forget to log an item here and there, which can lead to falling off track on our weight loss journey. To avoid losing momentum, be sure to constantly track your food on the NuMi app right here >
Wondering why the NuMi app can be so beneficial to your weight loss? Simply logging what you eat, drink and do each day actually increases your chances of success, according to a study by Kaiser Permanente, the healthcare company. Check out even more reasons why the NuMi app can help you lose weight by clicking here. >
Looking for some more inspiration to liven up your lunch and dinners with some delicious and healthy flex meals? Check out 11 of our favorite flex meals by clicking the link below.
Servings: 6 (3 nuggets)
Calories per Serving: 198
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Powerfuel
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium raw sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika or chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ tsp. vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate sweet potato in grater or in food processor. Take sweet potato and squeeze it with a paper towel or cheese cloth to remove liquid.
- Combine lean ground chicken, sweet potato, wheat flour, garlic powder, onion power, paprika/chili powder and shape mixture into small, slightly flattened nuggets.
- Place on lightly greased-lined cookie sheet.
- Cook for 28 minutes, flipping half way.
- Broil for two minutes to crisp further.
- For honey mustard, combine nonfat greek yogurt, honey, mustard, vinegar and black pepper in a food processor until smooth.