Buffalo Blue Cauliflower Mac and CheeseRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Mac and cheese is made healthy (and spicy) with fresh cauliflower florets, reduced fat dairy and zesty buffalo sauce. This decadent, diet-friendly meal is a great low carb alternative to the classic carb-heavy dish.
Cauliflower has recently become a popular non-starchy veggie for its ability to replace high carb ingredients. From pizza crust to rice and pasta, this ivory superfood is almost undetectable when standing in for these kitchen staples. We use it in this recipe to replace the elbow macaroni that is typically found in mac and cheese. It’s lower in calories and carbohydrates, while also providing a boost of fiber to keep you full all day.
One serving of this Buffalo Blue Cauliflower Mac and Cheese contains 169 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Make sure to stay on top of your meal plan by keeping track of your food intake in the NuMi app! Staying accountable with your meals, water and activity can help you reach your weight loss goals. Click here to log your mac in NuMi >
Buffalo sauce adds big flavor to any dish it’s featured in! Enjoy these other Nutrisystem-approved recipes using this zesty condiment:
- Spicy Deviled Eggs >
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread >
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks >
- Cauliflower Buffalo Bites >
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip >
- Boneless Chicken Bites >
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders >
If you’re not up for making your own mac and cheese, Nutrisystem offers a few different varieties that are ready in minutes! Stock up on our White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, Mac and Cheese with Turkey Sausage and our frozen Mac and Cheese. We even have a hearty Salisbury Steak dinner that comes with a side of creamy mac!
Looking for more healthy meals that are easy to prepare? Nutrisystem is the plan for you! Learn more about our program >
Calories per Serving: 169
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ cup half-and-half, fat free
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, low fat
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Add cauliflower florets to a pot of boiling water. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add half-and-half to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium-heat. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce. Cook until melted.
- Pour cauliflower into cheese mixture. Add more half-and-half to thin out or more cheese to thicken if needed.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and blue cheese crumbles.