The smooth, spicy kick of buffalo sauce with deliciously seasoned, shredded chicken on crunchy celery sticks: We give you Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks. With a touch of garlic powder and black pepper in the sauce, this recipe certainly doesn’t lack in flavor—or nutrition!
You can log this dish as one Powerfuel, two Vegetables and two Extras in the NuMi App. You’re sure to get a kick out of these crunchy creations.
Love chicken? Check out these 12 Easy Chicken Recipes for Busy Weeknights >
Calories per Serving: 201
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Powerfuel, 2 Vegetables, 2 Extras
- 6 oz boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo sauce/hot sauce
- ½ Tbsp. light butter
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fat free cream cheese
- 8 medium-sized celery stalks, cut into sticks
- Place chicken in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cover. Allow chicken to cook until heated through (about 25-30 minutes). Shred chicken.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine buffalo sauce, butter, garlic powder and black pepper. When butter has melted, stir in cream cheese to thicken.
- Turn off heat and stir in shredded chicken. Let cool completely.
- Top celery sticks with buffalo chicken mixture.