These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a great appetizer option for any occasion. The shredded chicken covered in spicy, seasoned buffalo sauce with crunchy lettuce in between two soft buns at only 238 calories per serving will seem too good to be true.
Counting as one SmartCarb, one Powerfuel and one Extra, these sliders make for a delicious Flex Meal for lunch or even a snack.
Calories per Serving: 238
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Powerfuel and 1 Extra
- 6 oz boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo/hot sauce
- 1 tsp. light butter
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 whole wheat slider buns
- Place chicken in a pot and submerge in water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cover. Allow chicken to cook until heated through (about 25-30 minutes). Drain, cool and shred.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine buffalo sauce, butter, garlic powder, vinegar and black pepper. When butter has melted, stir in cornstarch to thicken.
- Turn off heat and stir in shredded chicken.
- To assemble, add shredded lettuce and buffalo chicken to buns.