Boneless Buffalo Chicken BitesRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
These Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites are deliciously spicy with the kick of buffalo flavor you love and, at the same time, are perfect for weight loss. That’s right: Crispy, bite-sized chicken nuggets with seasoned breading covered in homemade buffalo sauce at only 103 calories. As a bonus, you can make this recipe right at home and be sure it fits right into your Nutrisystem weight loss program.
Each serving of these golden brown, Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on your NuMi App log. Why should you log your food on NuMi? Research has shown you’re actually twice as likely to lose weight if you log your food than if you don’t. Click here to see all of the reasons why you better your chances of losing weight by using the NuMi App. >
Like this recipe? How about another lip-smacking buffalo recipe that won’t hurt your weight loss progress? Click here to see this Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe. >
Buffalo chicken is popular among the many tempting appetizer options on game day. However, if you’re trying to lose weight, those appetizers can be detrimental to your progress. Good news: Nutrisystem has created a printable recipe book with 10 guilt-free, delicious recipes that are perfect for when you have the gang over for a get-together or to watch the Monday night game. Click here to get your free printable Game Day recipe book! >
Want to get creative to satisfy your buffalo craving? Instead of going the traditional route and using chicken to make a delicious buffalo appetizer, try cauliflower. This Cauliflower Buffalo Bites recipe is as guilt-free as buffalo appetizers can get and you won’t be sacrificing flavor. Cauliflower is a good source of protein, fiber and essential vitamins like C and K. Click on the link below to see the recipe!
Servings: 4 (3 nuggets)
Calories per Serving: 103
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cut into 12 nuggets
- 1 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire oven safe cooling rack on top (this is optional, but will help to keep your chicken crispy!). Mist rack with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs with onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine chicken with egg whites and toss to coat.
- Remove one chicken nugget from the egg whites and dip into the breadcrumb mixture, turning to lightly coat. Place coated chicken nugget on the cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake chicken nuggets for eight minutes, then flip. Continue baking until breading is golden brown and crispy, about seven more minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot sauce with water.
- After chicken has cooled for two to three minutes, place chicken nuggets in a medium bowl. Pour hot sauce over the top, then gently toss with tongs to coat. Serve immediately.