Skinny Mashed Sweet PotatoesRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Sweet potatoes are a flavor favorite any time of the year. But these sweet, fleshy veggies are especially popular in the fall, when they make a sweet appearance at fall festivities and holidays. Why not mix things up with a sweeter take on traditional mashed potatoes with this Skinny Mashed Sweet Potato recipe? It’s sweet, creamy and totally guilt-free.
Can’t get enough of the orange stuff? Check out this article on 7 Delicious Ways to Eat Sweet Potatoes.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbsp. milk of choice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1 ½-inch chunks.
- In large pot, steam sweet potato and cauliflower with 1 inch of water in bottom of pot for 12 minutes, or when fork tender.
- Place in large bowl and mash the potato and cauliflower with milk.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.