One-Pan Skillet Lemon Chicken with RiceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
There’s just something about one-pan skillet dinners that we adore. Maybe it’s the simplicity of putting together a complete meal in a single dish, or the ease of clean up after you’ve finished your feast. Whatever the reason, these easy breezy recipes are always welcome on our menu. Grab your favorite skillet and whip up this one-pan lemon chicken and rice recipe that features classic flavors and kitchen staples!
If you have picky eaters at home, this simple dinner is perfect for your weekly menu. It features healthy ingredients that almost everyone loves, including chicken breast, brown rice, garlic, light butter, parsley and lemon. It also has zucchini, a versatile non-starchy vegetable that takes on any flavor you season with. This makes it a great option for those in your home who have trouble getting in their veggies. Of course, you can feel free to swap in another veggie that you or your family enjoys, such as onions, tomatoes, mushrooms or green beans.
One serving of this Skillet Lemon Chicken with Rice clocks in under 300 calories! It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem menu. Log your dinner in the NuMi app to ensure you stay organized with your healthy meal plan throughout the day! The easy-to-use journal is the perfect place to keep track of your Nutrisystem food, Flex meals and snacks, water, exercise and weight loss.
If you’re looking for more one-pan and skillet recipes, the recipe section on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is the place to go! Check out the healthy ideas below:
- One-Pan Paprika-Tomato Chicken and Rice >
- One-Pan Salmon, Brussels Sprouts and Squash >
- One-Pan Chicken Parmesan & Green Beans >
- One-Pan Rice, Chicken and Vegetables >
- One-Pan Harissa Roasted Vegetables >
- Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet >
- One-Pan Tofu Fajitas >
- One-Pan Blackened Cod and Vegetables >
- One Pan Greek Fish and Vegetables >
Want to lose weight with delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners delivered directly to your door? Get started with a Nutrisystem meal plan today!
Calories per Serving: 286
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 12 oz. chicken breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, halved and sliced
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet with butter at medium heat.
- Season chicken with pepper, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add zucchini/squash and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, lemon juice and zest, 1 teaspoon of parsley and chicken broth. Heat to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Top with chicken, cover and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken and rice are cooked through.