One-Pan Chicken Parmesan and Green BeansRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Chicken breast, covered in breadcrumbs, zesty Italian seasoning and finely grated Parmesan cheese with smooth marinara sauce and melty mozzarella—all sizzling together in a pan beside a bed of simmering green beans. At last, this is the one-pan recipe you’ve been looking for—one that is not only deliciously satisfying, but won’t load you up with calories.
Your tasted buds are sure to thank you (and your nose when you smell the Italian aroma in your kitchen) and your family will, too. At just 321 calories, you get a filling, satisfying meal that packs in 35 grams of lean protein and more than six grams of fiber. With the addition of the side of green beans that gives you essential vitamins like A, C, K and B6, this dish is perfect for your weight loss progress.
To stay on track to your weight loss goal, be sure to count one serving of this delicious meal as two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and two Extras on your NuMi App log. Tracking what you eat is essential to your weight loss progress. Research found that people who consistently recorded what they ate lost twice as much weight as people who didn’t keep track. Click here to read why downloading the NuMi App will help you lose weight! >
If you like Italian recipes or have been searching for pasta dishes that won’t hurt your diet, click here to discover 10 delicious, healthy pasta dishes you can enjoy guilt-free any day! >
Love this one-pan Chicken Parmesan recipe? Check out the link below to try another easy Italian dish that is too good to be true. It features a savory blend of hearty baby bella mushrooms and succulent chicken in a rich, deep wine sauce over penne. You can make it right in your own kitchen and enjoy it for dinner any night!
Calories per Serving: 321
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable, 2 Extras
- 4 (4 oz) boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- ½ cup marinara sauce, no sugar added
- ¼ cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, mist with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to a gallon size Ziploc bag. Seal bag and shake.
- Add egg whites to a shallow dish.
- Working one chicken breast at a time, coat chicken in egg whites and add to bread crumb mixture. Press bread crumbs into chicken, so they adhere to both sides.
- Place chicken breasts in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, combine green beans, olive oil and remaining tsp. of garlic powder in a large bowl and mix. Remove pan from oven, flip chicken and spread green beans around the chicken.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon 2 Tbsp. of marinara sauce and sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast. Broil 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.