One-Pan Tofu FajitasRecipe posted in: Lunches & Dinners
Tofu fajitas are a popular substitute for traditional fajitas, especially if you’re looking for a delicious vegetarian dish. With this recipe, the fajitas don’t just taste good, they are good for you!
Full of flavor (and nutrition!), these tofu fajitas make for the perfect flex dinner on your Nutrisystem program. Just one look at the list of fresh ingredients and spices will make your taste buds tingle.
When you enjoy this recipe, be sure to count one serving as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and one Extra on your NuMi App log.
Why should you log your food on the NuMi App? Research has shown that you’re actually twice as likely to lose weight if you keep track of what you eat. Click here to learn all the reasons why downloading the NuMi App will increase your chance of losing weight! >
Like this recipe? Click on the link below to discover another delicious tofu dish, the Taco Tofu Bowl! With these two recipes, vegetarians can get in on all of the Mexican cuisine fun and leave the table satisfied.
Servings: 4 (1 tortilla, ¼ tofu, 2 slices avocado, 1 Tbsp. salsa, 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt)
Calories per Serving: 319
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra
- TOFU MARINADE:
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. canned diced green chiles (mild or hot)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 3 medium bell peppers, ~1/2 inch slices
- 1 small red onion, ~1/2 inch slices
- 4 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 4 lime wedges
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced (8 slices)
- Salsa (optional)
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine tofu marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Toss tofu cubes with marinade and set aside for at least one hour.
- On baking sheet lined with parchment paper arrange tofu pieces in a single-layer on 1/3 of the pan. Repeat with bell peppers and onion.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. When 10 minutes remain, place tortillas, wrapped in foil, in the oven to warm.
- Serve with lime wedges, avocado slices, salsa and Greek yogurt.